Antigravity physical copies for $5 (24 hrs only) Aug 1st - RESTOCK'D

zircon

For one day only, starting 12:01 AM on August 1st and ending 11:59 PM, you will be able to purchase my newest album Antigravity for a mere $5 at CD Baby. This isn't a digital download or a 'damaged' copy or promo; it's the shrink-wrapped physical deal. $5!

http://www.cdbaby.com/zircon3

In case you haven't seen me post about it before (or you've simply missed my sig), it's a breakbeat/electronic album featuring 13 songs and guest performers like pixietricks, Fishy, big giant circles, and GeoffreyTaucer. Numerous tracks have been "Track of the Day" and "Track of the Week" on garageband.com and many people in the community have already picked up one (or more) copies and enjoyed 'em. So if you've been on the fence before, now it's really a no brainer :)

You'll also be able to pick up tons of other great CDs at $5, and believe me, there is a lot of good independent music on that site you WON'T find anywhere else. :)

Mark your calendar!

For one day only, starting 12:01 AM on August 1st and ending 11:59 PM, you will be able to purchase my newest album Antigravity for a mere $5 at CD Baby. This isn't a digital download or a 'damaged' copy or promo; it's the shrink-wrapped physical deal. $5!

http://www.cdbaby.com/zircon3

In case you haven't seen me post about it before (or you've simply missed my sig), it's a breakbeat/electronic album featuring 13 songs and guest performers like pixietricks, Fishy, big giant circles, and GeoffreyTaucer. Numerous tracks have been "Track of the Day" and "Track of the Week" on garageband.com and many people in the community have already picked up one (or more) copies and enjoyed 'em. So if you've been on the fence before, now it's really a no brainer :)

You'll also be able to pick up tons of other great CDs at $5, and believe me, there is a lot of good independent music on that site you WON'T find anywhere else. :)

Mark your calendar!

I'm officially interested.

Bump since it's now August 1st. Enjoy it while you can.

ps. I actually lose money on this :P

Wait, you lose money on this? Or is it that you're just not making as much per cd sold? I mean, if you're losing money on it, why adverstise the one-day price drop?

Well the site is the one offering the sale, not zircon, so I'm assuming zircon still gets the same amount from cdbaby per CD. It would be extremely crap of the site if he didn't get the normal amount.

I think I remember zircon saying he looses money selling them at full price anyway, or at least until hes sold enough albums to make up for it, but I can't remember the specifics.

Not exactly... I'm doing the sale because I want more people to have the CD. And, from a boring marketing perspective, I hope that if you like this CD you'll stay tuned for future works and perhaps buy those too. When I say I lose money I mean that the CD sells for $5 (a price that I set, temporarily), CD Baby takes $4, and I get the extra $1. However each disc took about $1.60 to make so I'm not turning a profit.

On normal sales - be they iTunes, Amazon, or the standard $12.99 on CD Baby - I do make a little bit of money. All things considered through I'm still in the red from my $1,800 investment :<

Anyway, the bottom line is, if you want the CD now is the best time to buy it. Or multiple copies. I guarantee you will not regret it!

I decided not to list it in the "$5 sale" section because that forces you to buy 3 CDs at $5 to get the discount. I want everyone to get the discount :)

Yeah, I noticed that after I shopped around a little. Though a few CD's there were listed at $5 as the ordinary price. Luckily the other one I really liked from that site was just $5 too without any strings.

Sweet deal, though.