Pixietricks' Solo Album, Origins - New Song 12/23!

Jillian Aversa

"Breath and Dive" was written and produced by Jill - all I did was some mixing/mastering and a few string stabs. Same goes for "Hajime" (I didn't do the strings for that though.)

"Winds of Change" used an instrumental I wrote/produced that was only about 2:00 long - Jill loved it and helped me to arrange an extended version with new parts, and then she wrote the melody, harmonies, and lyrics.

Though Jill didn't preview the intro, the way it flows with "Breathe and Dive" is really cool; once you hear 'em side by side in full, I'm sure you will agree. The climax of "Winds of Change" is also REALLY amazing, I've never heard her sing in such a powerful and soulful style. Maybe I'm biased, but I give it two thumbs up!! :)

Breathe and Dive probably sounds a little weird out of context. There is actually a whole introduction leading into that track, which sets the stage for the "forgotten temple" atmosphere.

I was thinking the same thing when I first listened to it... Not just lyrically out-of-context, but the melody sounded kind of funny (background melody, more so than the vocals), like something was missing at the beginning.

'Winds of Change', I think I'm really looking forward to. That and 'Hajime' are the best of the samples thus far. KF

I was thinking the same thing when I first listened to it... Not just lyrically out-of-context, but the melody sounded kind of funny (background melody, more so than the vocals), like something was missing at the beginning.

There's nothing "missing" per se, but you're probably reacting to the dissonant movement of the background "ooh" vocals. It's supposed to sound eerie. :-P

I want to hear the rest of this. I love weird stuff, so much more interesting then cookie cutter stuff. Awesome weird harmonies.

Yesssss... Think Ocarina of Time's "Forest Temple" theme, which was coincidentally the first song I ever remixed. It's definitely an inspiration for Breathe and Dive in terms of atmosphere.

I've had the previews in my inbox for a while now, and just found the time to listen to them.

As usual, your voice is just so good, pixie! Most impressive moment for me recently though isn't off the previews, but how you sing all the way through the long phrase on "Deliverance of the Heart" -- good stuff! Anyway, keep us updated and good luck recording the rest of the album!

• 3 weeks later...