Iron Man The Movie

The Damned

I just saw the Iron Man trailer, and I feel sort of mixed about it... On the one hand, Iron Man is a classic character, and to see the slim, stylized suit on the big screen is rather impressive. But on the other hand, Tony Stark is a gigantic asshole in the comics, so I hate him.

It's almost like Marvel is trying to redeem him.

Anyways... discuss. And someone find a better version of the trailer, please. The one I saw was a shaky camera from Comic Con, and it's hard to make out any details.

Meh, I say as long as it's better than The Hulk and there are plenty of good explosions, I'll be content. I saw a behind the scenes interview of the production for this film and the Iron man suit looks pretty cool.

I suppose I should start holding these marvel comic movies to higher standards if they're going to make them to death....

but I'd probably just be setting myself up for dissapointment then.

There have only been a handful of good comic book based movies:

Superman I & II (Reeves)

Batman (1989 Burton, the best) and Batman Begins (I think it's overrated, but still good)

Spiderman 2 -- I hate 1 but many critics and fans like it, 3 is merely ok

Forget about the rest. After the bullshit that is the X-Men series, Daredevil / Elektra, Fantastic 4 / Silver Surfer, I've decided to watch every superhero movie with abysmal expectations and the faint hope that it might actually be decent.

Superman I & II (Reeves)

Batman (1989 Burton, the best) and Batman Begins (I think it's overrated, but still good)

Forget about the rest. After the bullshit that is the X-Men series, Daredevil / Elektra, Fantastic 4 / Silver Surfer, I've decided to watch every superhero movie with abysmal expectations and the faint hope that it might actually be decent.

What was wrong with the Punisher movies? :|

I've usually gotten excited about the superhero movies (especially some of the favorites like batman, x-men, etc.) but the poor scripts and worse acting have really started to put a damper on the superhero trend. Ironman should be cool though for the spiff special effects alone, but we'll see how the rest of it goes I guess...:-?

Superman I & II (Reeves)

There are levels of bullshit. Please, even if you didn't like X-men, don't lump it in with the likes of Elektra. That's disrespectful.

...I'm kinda sketchy about this... Who'd they fish in to play Tony Stark?
As stated a few posts above yours, Robert Downey Jr. If I had been asked who I would most like to play Tony Stark it probably would have been him, so that's awesome. Gwyneth Paltrow plays Pepper, which is pretty cool too.

I'm just wondering how different this is going to be from the Iron Man animated movie that was released recently.

Based on the long-running Marvel comic book series, "Iron Man" tells the story of Tony Stark, the enigmatic heir to the Stark Enterprises fortune. A driven inventor and executive who seems to have it all, Tony is haunted by his dark side. Though he commands his empire by day, by night he secretly becomes "Iron Man," the living embodiment of decades of defense spending and innovation. Strapping on billions of dollars worth of state-of-the-art armor and weaponry each night to fight crime, terrorism and corporate espionage, Tony begins to crack under the strain of his fractured lifestyle and must ultimately confront the one enemy he can never beat - himself - "Iron Man."

Man, I so totally CANNOT wait to see this. A Bruce Wayne clone with Peter Parker angst AND lots of awesome digital high-tech special effects for the awesome digital high-tech super suit to boot. This movie's got it all!

As stated a few posts above yours, Robert Downey Jr. If I had been asked who I would most like to play Tony Stark it probably would have been him, so that's awesome. Gwyneth Paltrow plays Pepper, which is pretty cool too.

I'm just wondering how different this is going to be from the Iron Man animated movie that was released recently.

Iron Man as a character, is pretty comedic. Tony Stark as not only his character image as well as a decently organized businessman, is very much an asshole. I'm not certain if Robert Downey Jr. can do that. But, I'll just hold my tongue and watch the movie when it hits.

There were more than one?

Also, on the topic of iron man:

Do not see: The invincible Iron-man.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903135/

It was terrible.

Terrible? I didn't think it was that bad. Then again, maybe if I had actually paid for it instead of watching it on Toonami, I might not have thought it was good. Everything seems better when it's free.

I was kinda disappointed with The Invincible Ironman too, although it was still well worth the $5 I paid for it used. Ultimate Avengers 2 was kinda disappointing too compared to the first one. Hopefully they can redeem themselves with Dr. Strange, which looks really good. Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_movies

Scroll down a bit and you'll get to "Forthcoming"... a list of announced Marvel movies. While I'm sure that's all extremely subject to change, there is some interesting stuff on that list. Magneto? Venom?

I was kinda disappointed with The Invincible Ironman too, although it was still well worth the $5 I paid for it used. Ultimate Avengers 2 was kinda disappointing too compared to the first one. Hopefully they can redeem themselves with Dr. Strange, which looks really good. Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_movies

Scroll down a bit and you'll get to "Forthcoming"... a list of announced Marvel movies. While I'm sure that's all extremely subject to change, there is some interesting stuff on that list. Magneto? Venom?

*looks at list*

Shang Chi? Deathklok? Wow, even Power Pack? Huh, they sure are expanding, aren't they?

Also, Sub-Mariner movie in 2008? First I'm hearing about this. I've been waiting for someone to make a movie about Namor.

• 8 months later...