Iron Man The Movie

The Damned

I just realized this today. SMALL SPOILER WARNING!!! The line where Rhodes says "Next time, baby." or something like that. Thats a reference to when he becomes War Machine!!! I wonder if Stark will become an alcoholically for a while in the sequel movie and Rhodes we'll become War Machine!!!??? Good shit if he does.

I just realized this today. SMALL SPOILER WARNING!!! The line where Rhodes says "Next time, baby." or something like that. Thats a reference to when he becomes War Machine!!! I wonder if Stark will become an alcoholically for a while in the sequel movie and Rhodes we'll become War Machine!!!??? Good shit if he does.

Yeah I think Terrence Howard has already been confirmed to become War Machine. Which is totally awesome.

I'm sorry, but that movie was terrible. It seems like I keep thinking that while all others apparently love it like with Batman Begins, which I hated also.

I mean, the dialog is okay (snappy, but not witty..) but the plot is just borderline stupid all the way. You have the requisite boring romance subplot that makes no sense, you have the typical 'genius creating advanced weaponry inside a freaking cave within a week' and totally uninspired 'because they own some companies and want moneyzzz' villains and there you go. I do think it works pretty well as a send up for fans like with Batman Begins, but as a standalone movie, it is just one cliche after another.

Visually it's great but everything else felt rather rote. Still waiting for Wall-E for that next sure bet.

the typical 'genius creating advanced weaponry inside a freaking cave within a week'.

He was in the cave for about three months. They didn't show the progression of time well, which was the only gripe I had about the movie.

Nothing. He's fine. Ultimate Universe Fury.

I was happy to see the Unibeam. If only he yelled it out like in Marvel Super Heroes.

Even allowing for a black Nick Fury, I thought Jackson did a pretty bad job (funny, given that Ultimate Nick Fury's design is based on him).

Otherwise, the movie was enjoyable, but hardly the GREATEST SUPERHERO MOVIE OF ALL TIME, as it is being dubbed by a lot of people.

Marvel's building up to the Avengers movie in 2012, and everyone that's in the Avengers-based movies (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America) will all be reprising their roles from their individual movies. It's partly the reason why Marvel waited this long to bust out the big names they really wanted to focus on.

The movie rocked for one reason. Marvel Studios themselves made it. They didn's sell some of their comic properties as they knew they'd be building up to the Avengers, and with Cap high up on the roster, they particularly didn't want to sell him up the creek.

And you have to love Stan lee's cameo where Stark mistakes him for Hugh Hefner. Brilliant. Overall though, Downey Jr as a recovering alcoholic? That's genius in itself.

As for the Nick Fury thing, at least it's promising to be better than David Hasselhoff's turn as him in the made-for-TV movie that Fox had about 10 or so years ago.

I am sick and tired of these mother-f'ing Samuel L. Jacksons in these mother f'ing movies.

You're not alone. He's a good actor, but does he have to be in every superhero movie?

The clip after the credits seemed cheesy to me, maybe it's because I automatically heard his voice and my direct attention was shot to oblivion.

I'm like "No they wouldn't pick him" but sure enough it was him.

Samuel = Nick Furry

Of course. Who else could they choose? :whatevaa:

Denzel Washington? Now that would be interesting providing he's never been in any superhero movie. I don't think so anyway.

He's a very good actor he could probably pull it off, I've enjoyed most if not, every movie he's been in to date.

Well, looks like Sammy L.'s gonna be in a lot more superhero movies seeing as all these marvel movies are set in a continuous universe where they all link in with each other.

Although Ultimate Nick Fury was directly based upon Samuel L, there must have been a clause in his image rights contract that said something along the lines of:

If we use the "Ultimate" Nick Fury character in any upcoming Marvel movie, you have automatic first preference on whether you want to take the role on or not.