OCR01602 - Chrono Trigger "Back 2 Skala"

djpretzel

Oh man, Skrypnyk finally got posted. Congrats, dude. I know this is like your 9001st sub.

Shame you and ambient had to do freaking Schala though. I mean, damn.

Seriously though, nice and mellow goodstuff. I like drums =).

Good submission, guys. Production was really nice, really inventive drums and some really nice sounding samples :)

I thought that the arrangement was a little bit slow, but if you were to say that it meant to just kind of be ambient, then the arrangement would be just fine :) It didn't seem to move a lot for me, but maybe that was the point ;)

Right on :)

Very nice work, I didn't recognize the source at first, and only on my second listen did I catch on. Nice, subtle work. The drums are great, and I love the pads, especially the deep bass ones that come in about halfway through. Melodically I found it a little sparse, but there is a lot of both exploration and evolution in the progression that I really liked.

A+++ will listen again

God damn I like this mix. New IDM is always welcomed on OCR by me.

Instantly played 3 or 4 times, with many more times coming in the future. A contender for my personal top 10 list. Beautiful execution, great recognizable tune, great percussion, great character... hearing some hints of Telefon Tel Aviv closer to the end... maybe it's just the way the hi-hats shuffle up. Another finer point I enjoyed is the... volume tremelo(?) effect at 3:53. Well suited to an ending and an effect not frequently used.

Not that it matters; but you totally, if only subconsciously, ripped the mute beats from 2:18-2:19 off of Ziwtra's Desert Snowstorm.

Excellent work guys. Skrypnyk especially, I would love to cross paths with you again, in person or musically.

This was pretty good...I think the arrangement couldve been a bit more dynamic in places, but the atmosphere was pretty chill. And Im glad to see a Schala arrangement that goes a little more outside the box. I just wish it had a bit more dynamic variance to it.....good job though : )

Taucer and I thought of a name for a joke remix - Chrono Wigga. It was intended for OLR, and we planned to put some "white" rapper vocals and wah-wah guitars in there.

Let's hope I wasn't in mind when you thought of making the joke tune. I'm actually part Philipino for those who need an education on my "heritage." LOL

Anyway, I love this mix. Downtempo chillage galore! The flamming effects are well done. This type of genre's hard to do since most loop bpms need to be either multiplied or divided in half to get the goods. The synthwork besides the synthetic drum fx is very basic but keeps to the source tune nicely. I also like the lead. What kind of sample is it?

8/10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi out there and greetings from Germany!

This turns out to be my very first post on this fabulous page! I really love all of the Chrono Trigger Remixes that are available on this site, each one has its own specialty. But this one needs a giant THANKS! I just cant get enough of it, doesnt matter if its on my earphones or on my car stereo (lets just say 18" Atomic APX for a short description). It´s melodic, it has gorgeous bass sweeps and the (as they are named in the main description) stutter drums kick the hell out of my head :)

Thanks again for this special piece!

Cya, DJMadMax

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01602 - Chrono Trigger "Back 2 Skala"