*NO* Bomberman 'Battle'

djpretzel

post this mix?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. post this mix?

It DOES sort of sound a bit too much like the original. Though there is something aurally pleasing about the bit at :47 but it lasts only 10 seconds. From what I've noticed in NSF files basslines are very complex and don't always work as well when put in terms of newer instruments. The thing to remember when remixing 8-bit tunes is that when the original composer chose the notes he did, it was most likely because he was constrained to 3 melodic tracks and a noise track, not because he would have chosen the same notes if he had been writing for an entire orchestra. That's why as a remixer you have to take some liberties with interpretation of the 8-bit tunes, you can't just take all the parts verbatim and add a drum track and call it improvement. In fact, sometimes people will end up preferring the original, because it's got the same stuff, but is more pure. Anyway, I'm off of my soapbox for now and this remix gets a no from me.

DC

:? Well...nah. Gonna have to say no. It's a cute mix, but even though I've never played Bomberman it sounds like is doesn't stray far enough from the original. I think this is a good practice song as far as getting to know the software of his choice (FruityLoops). As Rob mentioned, the majority of the settings are set to default. I might keep it on the HD as one of those rainy day mixes to listen to, but as for posting I'm gonna say no.