Sonic 2 (Game Gear) - Sky High Zone remix (not yet named)

This is my very first attempted remix, so don't be too hard on me. :P

Hey, raw honesty is the only way you get better : ) Believe me, in retrospect, I wish I had some people tell me how bad some of my first remixing attempts sucked, lol.

I vaguely remember the source, it sounds like you could do a lot more melodic variation. The sudden breaks towards the end are real nice, but I think doing them four times makes them less...sudden. Maybe keep the drums in where the last two breaks are. Also on every other break you have what I'm sure is an intentional timing delay, but it sounds sloppy to me. I would change it, maybe to some more original interpretation of that phrase.

Also, generally fill the soundscape out. Especially when the reversed snare came in, I though you were gonna whip out an array of chorded pads, harmonic synths, and other underwriting...but it didnt happen.

Though I think their balance is a bit funny, I like your drums. Theyve really got some meat, you just need to add more variation to them as the song goes along. The song overall reminds me a lot of my last WIP up here as far as strengths/weaknesses. Just work on adding your touch and filling things out...chords, pads, counter-melodies are all your friends : ) Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. :D Yeah, I agree about the sudden breaks, I can hear what you're talking about. I also plan on taking your advice about adding more into it, as I listen to it along with other remixes, it does seem a bit "empty".

Well, thanks again, I'll continue working on this and hopefully will post another WIP soon.