*NO* Samurai Shodown 'Galford'

orkybash

You guys havent put up a new mix in a few days now, and when you finally reviewed some more remixes, they were no's... and everything lately seems to be games that have been remixed (ff, zelda, sonic, donkey kong, etc...). You guys must want something different to listen to by now. I sent DJP this remix about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and as i have been watching the judges decisions forum like 3 times a day (i read every review to get a better idea of what "not to do") Although i made this around the time i started checking up on the judges forum. So hopefully i dont have a bunch of stuff in it you guys dont like. Also, dont reject because you want me to fix something because i cant fix anything, i use FL trial version. NO SAVING.

so i think just the fact i have only remixed for a total of 3 months, i use the trial version of fruity loops, this is a track unmixed even the game has no remixes here, this was made in one shot (only about 5 hours), and is better than some of the tracks you guys have accepted in the past, it should be accepted based on these facts.

(hell, you guys can get rid of this remix from the site if you get a better SS remix in)

I think he's submitting galford Samarui shodown 1.mp3. Anyway, we haven't really come to a decision on directly posting songs yet, and there's only 4 songs in here anyway.

so i think just the fact i have only remixed for a total of 3 months, i use the trial version of fruity loops, this is a track unmixed even the game has no remixes here, this was made in one shot (only about 5 hours), and is better than some of the tracks you guys have accepted in the past, it should be accepted based on these facts.

A bit presumptuous telling the judges how to vote, isn't it? I'm tempted to vote no here just for that. :D

Anyway, that lowish instrument really sounds messy, and there's way too much clipping. I don't care what conditions you make your music under, the assumption is that the final mix is clean and as well-produced as you can make it. It's the clipping that really gets me - I just can't justify posting a remix whose remixer didn't even make sure the recording was clean!

Normally I'd say fix the bass, the clipping, and resubmit. But since you've said that you can't do that because you didn't buy Fruity, I'll just vote No.

ok, its one thing to not directly link to a song so the judges dont have to go scrounging around on the directory through html files and jpgs saying "JOIN NOW" to find something that might be an mp3 and might be another HTML file.

Its another thing to not even tell us which song one is submitting. Cant say Im in a good mood about that. But I'll try to be unbiased from this point on. (TRY)

Pros:

Ok beat. Simplistic but ok. GAH, gets annoying at the end clippin galore.

Cons:

off notes, beat is off. Piano is like 2 octaves lower than it should be.

Ending - There is none.

Kick is WAY to loud, responsible for the clipping.

That bass is just BAD.

lead is cool, but the background kills it

spaser synth is horribly arranged. Very loud and annoying.

This gets a NO for a ton of reasons. Mainly the bass was off, beat was too loud, there was clipping. Sounded like you had to end the mix at 2:40 due to a FL trial limitation or something.

On another subject, Mixes arent put here based on if they are better than what is on this site already. And yes we do have some songs still on OC that should probably not be here, but our standards only went up since then. This is why we have a judge forum now. There is no simple reason why a song SHOULD be posted or not. Every song will go through us or pretzel like any other. Its only fair.

-Pro

Uhm...

Okay, I've heard some stuff from UBB before, and he had potential, but the fact that he couldn't do any more than a few hours work on any piece (to me) ruined a lot of his stuff.

If I understand correctly he now has a full version of FruityLoops, so we shouldn't hear anymore one-shot remixes from him.

Anyway, as for this mix, I find a lot of the samples just sound awful, there's the clipping that has already been mentioned, and I'm not sure, but I think I'm hearing some bad notes in one of the underlying instruments (I don't know what instrument it is.. almost sounds like a really low piano, I can't tell over that sanity breaking kick drum).

This one is just much too sloppy for OC. Regardless of what has been posted on OC before, restrictions placed on the artist by software, or the absence of any remixes of this game. That's not how we judge, we judge based on quality in the here and now.

Vote: No