FLMC - Fruity Loops Music Competition 7: Super Metroid [VOTING]

Gollgagh

So when does 8 start? I'd like to get going with that :-P

When Smenelian decides what the theme of the next one is gonna be and extra packs and all that.

In the mean time, what do you guys think of reopening this to people with only the demo version of FL? I think one of the main reasons that the first FLMC was so popular was that anybody who had at least the demo version (which pretty much everybody does) could participate.

So I have the honor of deciding the theme of the next one...do I post it now and everything gets started right away? And about that sample pack, I can put together a new one, yes?

Honestly I never knew this was closed to people with the demo. I figure they would stand a lot less of a chance succeeding, but more entrants is always nice. Who will be running the next one anyway? Is that for the winner to do as well?

So I have the honor of deciding the theme of the next one...do I post it now and everything gets started right away? And about that sample pack, I can put together a new one, yes?

Honestly I never knew this was closed to people with the demo. I figure they would stand a lot less of a chance succeeding, but more entrants is always nice. Who will be running the next one anyway? Is that for the winner to do as well?

It used to be, maybe you should discuss that with Gollgagh. If noone wants to do it you can always contact me, but I prefer someone else to do it.

I think it's a good idea to open it for DEMO users, the more participants, the better.

And yes, you can put together a new sample pack.

Good luck.

Well, see people started demanding that people submit their flp's and since the demo can't do that people probably assumed that you have to have the full version for the competition. We'll just make it explicit next time that they can enter.

I don't mind too much running it myself again, since I generally don't disappear for weeks on end like other people are wont to do.

Cool. Seems I made it somewhere on everyone's list (by the way, did my votes get counted?). I wasn't sure if I should have looped it or just cut it off after the first go around, because I ran out of time and couldn't come up with anything new. As everyone noticed, I decided to loop it.

I would prefer if the competitors didn't vote, but if hardly anyone votes to begin with, I suppose any vote is a good one.

I wish we had the popularity to be able to do that, but from the looks of it, only people who participate in the contest are interested enough in it to vote. But I think that the write-ups everyone does is great for making everyone better.

Maybe if anyone eventually does something good enough, (although fat chance of that due to time restrictions) somebody could get a mix started in the competition onto OCR then bring some interest to the competition.

We can always dream.

Congrats smenelian!

Well, see people started demanding that people submit their flp's and since the demo can't do that people probably assumed that you have to have the full version for the competition. We'll just make it explicit next time that they can enter.

I see. Now that I think about it, it makes sense that they can't export a zipped flp like the rest of us...otherwise that would be an interesting loophole in the program.

The feedback people give is indeed great. Makes it seem more worthwhile that way as opposed to just voting and not writing anything extra.

For the next theme, I was thinking we could show Kirby's Block Ball some love. Music from that game has gotten stuck in my head on more than one occasion. Awesome game too. I've got some samples ready to go as well. Should I email them to someone to take care of the uploading or what?