OCR00791 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Fragments of Gold"

orkybash

Catchy comes to mind. It follows pretty much the same guidelines as the original, with a few twists here and there. The intro starting off with the original power-on sound of the game adds a nice touch, leading to one of the best remixes for the game. Hard to describe, download it for a fun song to listen to. It's one that's in my regular listening rotation. Seems simple at first, but definitely good for a fan of the game. 8.5/10

• 3 months later...

It seems alot of people like this mix, it's no doubt why. Extremely catchy, tons of excellent mixing effects and an extremely sexy synth! It may sound a little warehouse and short but still awesome!

Some cool little effects and parts at 0:18, 0:34, 0:51 and at 1:00 to 1:20, the best part in the song! I don't what beej did there but he just makes the synth feel like its reaching out

fuckin eh.. too bad this is the only song by beej here

• 5 months later...

Ah yes, the good ol' chiptune sound of music, gotta love it.

Well this is a pretty awesome remix, I seem to be listening to it on repeat to listen for any parts that could of been made better. Can't really hear anything that needs improving. Also I love the intro with the little beep, then as its progressing into the full blow song, pretty awesome pause type thing at 0:16, then the main melody comes in, thats where the real chiptune sound hit me. Pretty nice alteration of the melody at 0:51. Beej, you did an awesome job at this remix and it must of taken you awhile. Good luck on future remixes in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Of all the remixes for the dark world in Link to the Past, I think this one is the best. Probably because out of all of them, this one seems to stay closest to the original. My only issue with it is that it just isn't long enough. beej could have taken that raise in octave for an entire loop, and then ended it, but he didn't. Otherwise this song is perfect. Great work. Totally infinite loop worthy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Simplistic and unambitious, but definately a case of less is more. There is a very limited amount of straying in this, and there's positively no oomph factor anywhere to be found, but this has a certain something that makes me a fan. For one, the little amount of arrangement it provides comes in at very opportune, very wisely plotted moments to keep me satisfied. A 100% midi cover this is not. The alterations are never severe, but they kept me from getting grumpy, so that has to count for something.

I do think that this mix only starts to get really interesting in it's last thirty seconds, but hey, I like the basic approach, the less-is-more attitude and I'm actually really liking the synths used. An exercise in effecvtiveness vs restraint, and a rewarding one at that.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I absolutely love this mix, and it stands as one of my favorites on the entire site. The synths are just perfect, and it has a wonderful techno style without all of the extreme repetition so prevalent in the genre. Short, sweet, and all around awesome. Also, the opening is boss.

• 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00791 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Fragments of Gold"
  • 5 years later...

Interesting, I can hear this and almost think of it as Dark World but in the style of later nes, so maybe a Zelda 1 map modded with this mix would be cool, but aside from the quick end, not much else popped out at me that would make me dislike it. Decent enough for me to enjoy.

Edited by Crulex

• 4 months later...