Sonic & Knucles and Britney Spears music coincidence

medj

'Reminds me of that ringtone that went out a few months back, that was identical to a chiptune or something or other somebody made many years earlier.

Maybe someone who knows what they're talking about could remind me what I'm thinking of?

yea, the original was called "Acidjazzed Evening" by "Janne Suni". I believe he made the original song, and somebody else made the chiptune version. Then Timbaland came, and called it his own ringtone. The funny thing is, if you listen to Nelly

Furtatos song "Do It", he litteraly took the song and just pasted it in to her song.

check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2JjPFd7Jr8&mode=related&search=

If this is true (which is seems like it is), its a pretty ass move on timbalands part.

yea, the original was called "Acidjazzed Evening" by "Janne Suni". I believe he made the original song, and somebody else made the chiptune version. Then Timbaland came, and called it his own ringtone. The funny thing is, if you listen to Nelly

Furtatos song "Do It", he litteraly took the song and just pasted it in to her song.

check this out

If this is true (which is seems like it is), its a pretty ass move on timbalands part.

I like how some of the dumbasses in the comments there tried to justify theft and used examples were the artists got permission. The idiocy of those who buy into the RIAA label marketing is unprecedented.

Drum loop IS dead on along with the ambience.

Melody taken to either a half octave or a sharp i honestly cant tell. right this moment i have them both playing in perfect synch and its a total match.... im pretty sure someone is entitled to something HUGE in this case.....

Persue it, I would

check this out

Dude, Sick beat.

Alright, first off this is some Britney remix. This is not the original track.

The vocal track has been sped up considerably. I would not be surprised if the drum beat is some stock drum loop available for some program, and 2 people happened to use it.

I don't think either person ripped anything off, considering they're BOTH remixes. And I'm sure this Britney remix isn't exactly topping the charts and bringing in mad cash.

I was wondering that too... which came first. I'm assuming everyone here is blaming Brittney of ripping off OCR.

Well, if Wikipedia can be trusted, it looks like it's the other way around. The Miguel Migs remix is listed on the track listing for several versions of the 'Stronger' single, which was released in November/December 2000. LeeBro's mix didn't get posted until October 2001. It'd be kinda hard for the Britney remix to have ripped off OCR, don't you think?

Now, what danimal cannon said is quite possible; the shared drum loop could have been included with some software or sample pack, where both LeeBro and Miguel Migs found it.

However, I'm beginning to think that that's not likely. In LeeBro's mix, he repeats the same 16 second loop throughout the song (notice the chimes that repeat every 8 bars?). The Stronger remix's loop does not have the chimes repeating every 8 bars; they are used elsewhere in the song as well, which suggests to me that they are not a part of the original drum loop, but rather, a separate element. It would be quite the coincidence for two different songs to use the same tempo, same drum loop, and same chimes, don't you think?

And now, here's the kicker. At the end of the 8th bar in the Stronger remix, you can hear Britney (i guess) quickly inhale while the next bar starts. In LeeBro's mix, in the same place, you can hear the same inhalation just partially covered up as the loop restarts. (I find it most noticeable at 0:16 and 2:08, it's not as covered up)

It seems to me that LeeBro sampled the first 16 seconds of this Britney Spears remix and looped it. I hate to admit it, though, because this OC Remix kind of has a special meaning to me.