Sonic 3 - Robotization (featuring voices from the animated series!)

imbzru

Yeah, another Sonic mix.

I really wish that my favorite game music wouldn't come from Sonic 3, but, oh well.

This is actualy a pretty neat mix, it started out being orchestral, and then had a weird techno type break. But, the break ended up being more interesting then the rest of the song, so I worked on that part, and eventually it came to this dance piece.

Also, just for extra measure I did somthing that I'm pretty sure hasn't been done in a remix before (or at the very least not a Sonic one). What, you ask? I've added a bunch of sound clips from Sonic's many tv series that have come out over the years.

Robotization

Robotization vr2

vr 2 notes:

- Added some more synth lines during the song

- Changed the synth playing the arpegio at 1:34

- Removed the last part of the mix making it 10 seconds shorter

It actualy kinda happend by fluke while I was browsing through my vst library that I found the two noises that make the beat. After I found them, I got very addicted to them and now I think the song relies to much on the "noise" to carry itself out. I've always heard about drums carrying the song, but I've never understood how until now.

I've been listening to alot of the www.8bitpeoples.com tracks, and that's probably what

influenced me most making this mix. From the instruments used, to the general structure of the music. I spent a long time getting the right sounds that fit with the noise, and I'm surprizing satisfied with what I found.

I was about to submit this to the judges panel but decided to put it through you guys first to see if there's a few things I can smoothen out before I submit it.

I really like the clips from the show. I also like how you made the song sound rather menacing. It's a got a glitchy sound somewhat reminiscent of The Postal Service, or anything Jimmy Tamborello has done, for that matter.

My only complaint is that it's rather unconventional, which may not be a bad thing (at least not in my mind), and it seems rather repetitive in parts -- or more specifically, there isn't a lot of sound variation going on. It also seems a mite too bass heavy.

I like it a lot, but I fear you may have to change it up a bit before the judges will like it. It doesn't have that certain "flair" they like so much.

(P.S. Might I have an mp3 of this? Just pm me and I can give you my e-mail address.)

EDIT: Upon further listenings, the lack of "sound variation" I'm hearing may be too much emphasis on beat / noise and not enough melodic stuff going on. Maybe a synth solo in there somewhere might do the trick...?