*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Fantom Phorest'

djpretzel

Ahh, yes. I'm sure you've gone through this often enough. I 'tis be DJ Happy

Pants / Saintly Chocobo / ChocoboZero, and I do be requesting a song

submission of me very own.

Without the pirate accent, I suppose I need to submit my info and such, eh?

(based off mp/Matt Pollard's profile)

Musician name: DJ Happy Pants

Obviously fake name: Saintly Chocobo

Birthday: 11-01-1984

Email: saintlychocobo@hotmail.com(until I can find a better one T.T)

Hm. Well, onto the music itself. My song should be avaliable at

Due to Geoshitties' horrid bandwidth restrictions(Oh, it BURNS), you might

have to download it at a later time... not sure... I won't link anyone to it

for about a week just to make sure you get it, though. Eh, if there's

anything else I need to do/fill out/send/etc, do email me back... also,

point out if there's anything wrong with my song. Ah hell, what am I saying?

You would have done that anyways after the reviewing process. Tch... hope it

meets your standards, sir Pretzel.

--Choco (I didn't proofread this...)

Edit by orkybash - this is obviously Final Fantasy 6, changed the title to make this more clear)

OK, first thing's first: in the original song, the backgound "do-do-do's" don't keep doing the same pattern over and over - they actually change around to reflect changes in the chord structure. So when you keep them on the same pattern (which I don't think is even the right one to begin with), it really clashes.

I dunno about that lead synth, it's pretty annoying. So are the drums, which are way too overpowering in my opinion.

OK, this is around the 2 minute mark, and it's getting repetative and annoying. *shutting it off*

If a song annoys me so much that I have to stop it before it's done, I'd say it's a pretty solid No.

I 'tis be DJ Happy Pants / Saintly Chocobo / ChocoboZero, and I do be requesting a song submission of me very own.

I oughtta say no just for this sentence alone, but I'll give the song a listen first.

ok, I've only heard this theme a few times, but I DO know how the chord progression goes, and this, while on the right track, doesn't quite hit home with it. Few wrong notes in the background part. simple layering techniques, nothing really changes except for the beat, and then it's just a sort of varying of the kick and snare, since the hi hat seems incessant and repetitive. I'll give you kudos for trying to make a 3/4 song sound funky, but there just seems to be too much wrong with this song for me to pass it. Plus the encoding is pretty bad. And the ending? Forget to fade out, did we? I don't know. I can't pass this.

NO

DC

Pros:

uh..

Cons:

The whole THING is off key from beginning to end.

There is nothing that has been added to this mix save for a simple beat.

This is an example of a great song that has been used in an attempted remix by simply adding a beat to it and resulted in off notes, sound problems, and overall awkwardness, so NO.

-Pro