I Create Nes Sounds!

Argitoth

I think itsreally neat. Nice job!

But I also have to say that they are right. These are not fully true to the sound capabilities of the NES.

2 variable pulse waves (set at 25%, 50%, 75%, or 87.5%) with pitch bending and 16-level volume control (range 54Hz to 28kHz)

1 triangle wave with fixed volume level (range 27Hz to 56kHz)

1 dual-mode noise channel with 16 pre-programmed frequencies and 16-level volume control

1 DPCM channel with 6 bit range and 1 bit encoding at sample rates from 4.2kHz to 33.5kHz

Monaural sound output

In other words, just use a tracker.

I think itsreally neat. Nice job!

But I also have to say that they are right. These are not fully true to the sound capabilities of the NES.

2 variable pulse waves (set at 25%, 50%, 75%, or 87.5%) with pitch bending and 16-level volume control (range 54Hz to 28kHz)

1 triangle wave with fixed volume level (range 27Hz to 56kHz)

1 dual-mode noise channel with 16 pre-programmed frequencies and 16-level volume control

1 DPCM channel with 6 bit range and 1 bit encoding at sample rates from 4.2kHz to 33.5kHz

Monaural sound output

In other words, just use a tracker.

I already know those specs (except for the freq ranges and 16-step thing) and I can recreate the sound in Surge, the only thing that is impossible to do is the 16-step thing and also the fact that NES has pitch modulation capabilities but even that is very steppy-sounding. It's a shame we don't have a synth that can create this effect.

Also 25% and 75% are the same thing :)

yeah that ain't real nes stuff, it barely sounds like it

go to virt.vgmix.com for real nes style remix stuff

you can listen to child molester michael jackson's thriller song remixed in vrc6 format--the kind thats in the japanese castlevania 3

holy shit I'm drunk and have trouble typing straight

...if only I made the title of this thread "vertical scroller soundscape"

Then half the responses wouldn't be, "YOU NOOB THIS IS NOTHING LIKE NES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes, people. I KNOWWWW that the NES fanboys will hear a world of difference, but to my friend down the street, for example, will say "hey this sounds like an old game"

GOSH!!! *slaps forehead in disappointment*

...if only I made the title of this thread "vertical scroller soundscape"

Then half the responses wouldn't be, "YOU NOOB THIS IS NOTHING LIKE NES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes, people. I KNOWWWW that the NES fanboys will hear a world of difference, but to my friend down the street, for example, will say "hey this sounds like an old game"

GOSH!!! *slaps forehead in disappointment*

I refuse to listen to them on account of the maker acting like a complete tool.

lolololololololololol