OCR01606 - Castlevania "Vampire Spanker"

djpretzel

Arabesque to say the least. I have not herd something like this on OCR since "Dragon Song" or "MayFortuneSmileUponYou". You just get a more emotional response out of the song when you actually play it on a guitar...I'm assuming the guitar is not electronic...

Anyways, good job and I would like to hear more!

Great Remix, though towards the end of the song it sounds exactly like Howie Day's Bunnies song off The Madrigals E.P. from 2003 and i mean exactly :) which is not a bad thing, just thought it was funny and worth mentioning to check out if you like this song.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=305943&postcount=4

Great Remix, though towards the end of the song it sounds exactly like Howie Day's Bunnies song off The Madrigals E.P. from 2003 and i mean exactly :) which is not a bad thing, just thought it was funny and worth mentioning to check out if you like this song.

Can we get a check, just to be sure?

I hit up a YouTube video of the song in question, and while it does have some similarities, I'd hardly say it's the exact same thing; the ending of the remix is just a natural extension of the rest of the song. I believe this is just another case of some listener finding something in a song that isn't there; like how they find Ice Cap Zone in like every single one of my goddamn remixes.

Jerks.

If someone wants to check an actual MP3 of something off the E.P. go right ahead, but I don't think you're going to find anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really like this remix. Really mellow and lovely. A lot of Castlevania remixes go the hard rock route, and who can blame them? What's more hard rock than killing undead creatures with a chain whip? But something like this has to come along and give us a "hero rides off into the sunset" look at Castlevania. Awesome.

• 4 months later...

The title is somewhat deceptive here, as I was expecting something a bit more upbeat and dancey, but I really like how this one turned out. I remember it being in the WIP thread and the artists expressing concern about it being a bit too similar to the original, Though it does start out very similar, there are some nice original flourishes and voicings, and the final 3rd of the track is pretty inspired expansion.

The recording hiss is a bit much and should have been toned down slightly, and the ending is a bit anticlimactic, but overall this is a pretty solid mix. I'd have liked it to be slightly longer, with maybe one more rendition of the head, possibly with some improv on top, but i'll take it as is, easily.

• 11 months later...

Via the title, I was expecting something more tongue in cheek, but what's here is good, too. :-)

It's not to flashy or extravagant, nor does anything particularly sticks out to me, but I do like it.

It's uncomplicated and has a vague Spanish flair going on.

If you're an acoustic guitar enthusiast, check this out. Even if you're not, it's still worth checking out. :<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01606 - Castlevania "Vampire Spanker"