Where to find PS emulator save states?

Terial

So yeah, i just upgraded to the incredible awesomeness of vista ultimate (why is it you cant just choose an older operating system when buying new pcs?)

I decided to beat one of the few ffs i have yet to conquer, FFVIII. So I make my ISOs dl ePSXe and get to Deling city and drop into the sewers~ I was doing great, all avalabl GFs, and 100 of all magic avalable, save for demi. Well, I go to play today, and damn if vista hasnt deleted my ISO of disc 1, BIOS files, Pete's OpenGL, and several other media files including webpages with confirmation information for my tuition payment to NCSTATE.

So... if anyone has a good sstate or memcard around that point, or knows where to find one, please tell me and i will be forever indebted to you.

I swear, it just seems like God doesnt want me to beat this game, its the 8th or 9th time ive tried to play through it...

That's just messed up. Deleting files without permission is not something an operating system should do.

Edit: On topic, bunch of FF8 memcards here.

this is SOP for vista. My recommendation buy an OEM copy of XP from tiger direct or new egg. Also i think Dell IS allowing its people to choose OS's But i havent bought a computer in ages so i dont know.

I dropped the .gme files directly into the memcards folder for epsxe and tried to use it, didnt work. changed it to match the file names for default epsxe memcards (w/o changing the file extension, then with changing the file extension) and still no luck...

EDIT:

Is there any way to use the ffviii save editor on a epsxe file or convert a pc save file to a .mcr? Or any way to actually get the ffviii save editor to work? says im missing a .dll file.... =/

EDIT DOS:

Vista has now decided to delete all of the essential files for running FFVIII (PC Version) The actual program itself is gone, all saveeslots gone, no dll files left. nothing.

Does anyone else have problems like this with vista? -_-; or does God just not want me to play FFVIII?

EDIT TRES:

Okay, I converted some memcard files off gamefaqs to .mcr files and epsxe accepted them just fine, and i luckily found a good file that was pretty close to matching my old save. Thanks for all the help. I guess this topic is done unless someone wants to bitch about Vista with me =)

Otherwise, Imma go and try and beat a game ive been playing since it came out on the PC.

I dropped the .gme files directly into the memcards folder for epsxe and tried to use it, didnt work. changed it to match the file names for default epsxe memcards (w/o changing the file extension, then with changing the file extension) and still no luck...

What version of ePSXe are you using? I just loaded the .GME by going to "Config" -> "Memory Card" -> "Select", and picking the file.

I actually had this, for the PC! I have these pseudo-CD PC versions of FF7 and FF8, because I didn't have a Playstation. I never got past entering the second town. I did, however, have Triple Triad down to a SCIENCE.

Also, I bought a new Dell late June, and they allowed me to get it with WinXP Media Center Edition, which I happily accepted.

I tried the things everyone (all of you and many other forums) have suggested, yet still the save states don't work. I downloaded one from the list on gamefaqs, but it didn't work when I just stuck it in there, so I downloaded PSXmemtool and opened the gme file, ans then hit save, and saved it as a mcr file. But still as a mcr file it says No Save Data when I try to load it up. I assume the problem is in the converting step for me. Any help would be much appreciated.

I downloaded like 3 different files, because I thought maybe one or two was empty, but all three have data on them. I started the bios, and went to the memory card part and the files were there. I even tried to copy them to the other card (the default 2nd mem card that comes with the psxe). But still it says No Data.

well Ive tried a bunch of things, but what I just noticed, is that If I try to save on the mem card I dled, where it has the data, it says save from another title.

Ill put everything here to summarize:

FFVIII ISO (PAL) file

psxe 1.60

converted files to .mcr using PSXmemtool

when I try to load the memcard slot ingame, it says no data.

when saving on the memcard, it says that the files are from another title

I assume that you have to change the file name to match the default ones, like, 000epsxe.mcr. Im not sure, you could just be stupid like me and not realize you could select memcards through epsxe itself and then go through the process of finding a converter and then realizing later it was a waste of time. =P

Can't speak to either the Psx save states or to Vista's strange ISO removal, but you should never ever install Vista without this:

http://www.vlite.net/

Let's you take out pretty much whatever components of Vista you don't like, resulting in a smaller installation. Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player are nowhere to be found in even the deepest, darkest recesses of my C:\Windows folder.