Fastest SM64 tool-assisted speedrun breaks 7 minutes

Sorry if no one else cares about this; I started a thread when it broke 16 minutes too... but it's just so cool seeing this game glitched to all hell. The bowser levels are total eye-candy to watch.... and the final fight features mario catching bowser's tail twice when he rebounds off the explosion.

Here's the run in question.

Pretty got-dam cool.

I'm downloading the file as you read this. I love watching too-assisted speed runs, especially the ones from that site. Every SM64 run I've seen so far has been fun to watch, so I'm sure this won't disappoint.

Also, there's a video of a 120-star run on Google Video (this one), but it's not of the current record. Still fun to watch, though.

EDIT: just noticed the link Steben posted; thanks. I'll still download it in case YouTube goes down for whatever reason.

EDIT2: I was amazed when I saw how he entered Dire Dire Docks, and yet I was almost expecting it. Considering how the stairs were used in previous runs, I believed (long before this video was made) that those stairs outside the star door in the basement could somehow be used to get past it. Sure enough, it's possible.

I saw the run this morning, before I saw this thread...

It's fun to watch, but I almost like the

by them better. It's funny to see the ways he just grabs stars with no warning. Cool Cool Mountain was fun to watch, especially Wall Kicks Will Work, since he totally bypasses all of the level. :D

Although the new 1 star run is awesome, since it distills the run down to just about Bowser-only levels, which are probably the most fun to watch. I'd have to recommend watching the older (longer) runs by them - Swordless Link and AKA, that is - since there's more funny tricks and game abuses involved.

Best. Thing. That. Ever. Happened.

Also.. Point me to some equally interesting speedruns? preferably assisted by glitches. and preferably 3D, I find the glitches more interesting!

Every link appreciated ;)

old SNES platformers is also cool mind you

Check here:

http://tasvideos.org/Movies-RatingY-Rec.html

That's a list of what they consider their best tool-assisted speedruns on the site. Also, check out speeddemosarchive.com for normal, non-tool-assisted speedruns, which in some cases are nearly as good (watch the 1hr 4min metroid prime run).

Best. Thing. That. Ever. Happened.

Also.. Point me to some equally interesting speedruns? preferably assisted by glitches. and preferably 3D, I find the glitches more interesting!

Every link appreciated ;)

old SNES platformers is also cool mind you

My all time favourite is still SMW2: Yoshi's Island but you'll get plenty of glitch entertainment from any of the sonic, mario, castlevania, and metroid series. Best RPG run I saw was easily Secret Of Evermore. All tool-assisted videos can be found here.

Oh, and it might interest you guys to know that a user here, one Upthorn, has contributed some sonic material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8cjscUMERU

'Found it on YouTube in case anyone else doesn't feel like downloading it.

That was a fun video. I'm curious to see how many of those glitches can be reproduced by hand, though. That duck-jump deal probably at least needs some sort of turbo controller...

The duck-jump thing (I've heard it called bum rush before, lol) actually can be done by hand... at least on the endless stairs. I played through sm64 a few weeks ago on my n64 and was able to get it to work on the last set of stairs to get to bowser with 52 stars.