Chrono Trigger: Getting Off the Ground

Tuned Logic

I did this on a whim; I suddenly had the crazy yet undeniably awesome idea to try and incorporate blasting off into space with one of my favorite source tunes (and one of the few I can actually play right now :-P). It's less than 2 minutes long; I just want a taste of what others think before I proceed any further.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/29euvc

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Mike

Wow, some very very nice ideas here. The beginning is a little bit repetitive, but once it hits the countdown and into the main theme, that is very cool. It had a really cool segue into it, and the lead synth sounds really good with the pads. Id say maybe work on intro a bit, and you've got yourself a really a solid mix, and any flaws mechanically that some people might point out can be overshadowed by the originality of this song. Great work

Wow, some very very nice ideas here. The beginning is a little bit repetitive, but once it hits the countdown and into the main theme, that is very cool. It had a really cool segue into it, and the lead synth sounds really good with the pads. Id say maybe work on intro a bit, and you've got yourself a really a solid mix, and any flaws mechanically that some people might point out can be overshadowed by the originality of this song. Great work

Took your advice and changed the intro a bit:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ywj67h

Still much work to be done:

1. Level out high decibel noises

2. Mess w/ panning and volume of certain tracks

3. Extend (maybe I'll try doing a battle scene in space -- if done correctly, I think it could be neat)

• 2 weeks later...

Yo mike wats up. :grin:

Nice composition in the intro. I would do some more pronounced filter automation on the synth in the intro.

One the first verse comes in there needs to be some harmony. The ambient sounds are cool but there is more sonic space that needs to be filled out.

Ahh the snare is louded than the kick. I'm on crap headphones so I can't pick up the full range of the lower freqs. Regardless they are almost not existant. Try boosting the bass at 400hz and around 4-5khz.

Prob layer in another snare sound. If you have reverb on the FX/ambient sounds ease up on the reverb decay.

It's a pretty cool concept so far but you need more ear candy. For a lo-fi jam there needs to be a lot more action in the percussion area and more dynamics in the composition. Maybe try some piano as a counter melody. Listen to some CotMM's ambient tracks and see how the subtle differences make those ambient tracks stand out.

IF you are goin to go for more of an approach than lo-fi groove IMO the soundscape needs to get lusher with some really sweet textures and pads. Keep it up dude.