The Pokedex

awesomeman500

Ok, this isn't a project or anything, but just a random rant of an idea I had last night.

My idea is to compile a series of information sheets on the original 151 pokemon featuring the following:

*Realistic art/3d renderings of the creatures

*Info about the monsters themselves

*Soundclips of the roars (organic, not the electronic crap from the games or the name shouting from the show)

*Possible other videos/soundclips/images concerning pokemon.

Eventually, I was thinking about putting this into a Flash exe file type labeled "Pokedex Version 1.0" and then perhaps making more versions to accmpany the rest of the games.

Again, this was just a random idea, not something that needs to be done.

ex: pikadkdude.jpg

I can understand if he was trying to use a more "realistic" approach by drawing him looking more of a rat, but man...these spamming of ideas over and over is getting ridiculous.

Cool it and IM a mod or something *see: bahamut* to see if it ok to make these project like things before making more of these bro.

He said it wasn't a project and he never even asked for anyone to help in the first post. And unlike a lot of "ideas", he actually did something to start it off.

He never posted a response at all.

I'm not sure how you were able to come up with that vivid caricature based on his original post.

I guess this is the trendy thing to do though.

Or, you read the other "ideas" awesomeman500 has started, and see where it all began.

EDIT: WTF? My previous post was removed! Come on... that was comedy gold!

There's no justifiable reason to troll this thread. If you can respond maturely as to how his idea lacks viability, then by all means go for it. Seems to me like with the Pikachu example, he's somehow envisioning the characters based more on actual animals in nature, but alongside some telltale characteristics from the series.

I won't say that the idea of a realistic pokedex doesn't interest me, but I think you'd have a hard time drumming up support for it and others to help you. I've thought of what a pokemon might look like in the flesh, on and off, but have never really gone past envisioning a select few.

It's like cosplayers, an anime character might look perfectly acceptable and reasonable in his/her hyperbole (Saiyan hair, funky armor, massive swords, etc), but when you make the jump to reality it is very hard, if not often impossible) to maintain even the most basic elements that make that character without also making them look ridiculous.

Also, I'd suggest modeling Pikachu on a guinea pig, they're pudgier.

Also: http://www.avians.net/rkc/fan/gallery-fan.html

(I guess some would work)

This idea isn't especially original, nor does the drawing in the original post look especially realistic.

There are many examples of "realistically" drawn pokémon on the Internet, such as this one, which was found with a simple Google search:

http://annaj.deviantart.com/

As for the soundclips, I'm not sure how you would execute this based on the sounds from the games, many of which are just a series of annoying electronic sounds. You'd pretty much be making them up from scratch or simply taking sound clips of animals and putting them adjacent to pokémon similar in appearance. If you were to create your own noises, how would you go about making proper noises? While a bunch of nerds recording themselves trying to sound like dragons and rodents would have a certain humor value, that doesn't sound like what you're aiming for.

Good luck, but I personally don't see the appeal.

There's no justifiable reason to troll this thread. If you can respond maturely as to how his idea lacks viability, then by all means go for it. Seems to me like with the Pikachu example, he's somehow envisioning the characters based more on actual animals in nature, but alongside some telltale characteristics from the series.
QFE and QFT.

Thank you. That is what I meant.

Now, this, is something like I was talking about, but only the first 151 Pokemon. Along with ingluding realistic information and roars. The pikachu was a rough drawing that I did a couple years back when showing my friends my vision of real pokemon.

Please read my full posts next time, and don't troll the thread

In the games, they were limited to what the simple sound chip of the Gameboy could do, although the DS-era pokes have much better and more detailed sounds. In the cartoon, the sounds each pokemon made were unique to that species, and that's what they were named after. Sort of like if you could only say "People! People!", that's what they would call all beings of your type.

So you have a few options. Try to emulate real-world sounds based upon the games, try to make animal noises that somewhat reflect their names, or just make up new ones.

I think the first two ideas would be best, because they would be the easier to do.

It looks like a knock-off pinata from Wal-Mart. And why is there fire in the background? What, you gave it Hidden Power?

I guess real lightning tends to cause fires. But that does look like a pinata/stuffed animal.

awesomeman500, if you're serious about all these projects, why don't you just stick with one? You're not going to get anywhere if you keep coming up with new ones.