OCR00303 - Zelda II "Hyrule Housing Inc."

Saunders

Zelda II 'Hyrule Housing Inc.'

Nice mix here from Fatal Error, I personally liked it better than his Metal Gear mix, there's a much more laid back, calm, and cool sound here. Not one of my favorites, and doesn't make my playlist, but it's a nice little tune nonetheless. Can't vouch for originality as I've not heard the original tune.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is probably one of the pieces that brought me to this site originally. I think a friend shot me a link to it and I was hooked. I love how drum & bass hits at 0:39; I really didn't see it coming the first time I heard it. The song has good energy throughout, and fades out beautifully. I wish the ReMix wasn't so short, but seeing how short the sample was, I'm impressed with what he did with it. This one will persist in the favorites playlist as it always has.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

What I love about this mix is the transition. The fade in works just right for this song. I wish it had gone further, really transitioning into something totally new, or a crazy new style or something. Overall you don't hear much change in the melody piano, which is what gets me. But man, that transition is great.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I like the philosophy behind this mix. It's not JUST a drumloop added to a resequenced midi, even though it so easily could have been. The added touches begin piling up, and it becomes a subtle, though rather repetitive, expansion of the tune.

Yeah, more original material could have been written to flesh it out and easily made to fit in well, but I think enough was done to make this not sound like a total drag or send you loopy. It sounds old and certainly won't be something you'll find yourself listening to on repeat, but I liked the 'less is more' nature of this. So simple, nothing special, but it works.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00303 - Zelda II "Hyrule Housing Inc."