Cantata for Dancing: 2nd Movement

derako

I got a request to say something about the 2nd movement. All I'm saying so far is that it's very different than the first movement but it's just as beautiful and awesome. I'm just begining the string section and it's sounding very nice. I'm sure that it will be done very soon.

-Derek-

UPDATE- It's finished and here are the download links for Fuga Kefka

http://jeremyrobson.com/download.html

http://www.soundclick.com/orenproductions

First off, simply amazing.

Thank you :grin:

But... What is 'very soon'? To some' date=' 'very soon' means 'in a mere few days', to others who become skeptical of that phrase, think 'TBA 2063'... Since I don't understand your grasp of this relative scope of 'time', I ask you, what is 'very soon'?

[/quote']

Well here's the scoop. The first movment took 16 days from creation to submission on OCR. Then it took another month to get posted... This movement Jeremy and I are working with harder material plus we have to live up to the expectation of the first movement. I don't want to give any specific time estimates just yet. "Very soon" I guess might be overstating a little. But again I will say that it will be worth the wait. I'm really liking what I hear in the piece so far. I will keep everyone posted as to our progress. Funnily enough the 3rd movement is already done! I'll be updating everyone on that movement later this year.

-Derek-

Right now it looks as though there is going to be 5 movements as we've accumulated only so much material to work with from the game that can be translated into our particular brand of choral music. What material might that be? Well, it’s going to be a surprise as each part is released, on ocremix or otherwise. What I can say is that the rest of the organ music is going to be coming up (goddess and doom), but probably not the progressive rock portions from the final Kefka battle. Other tracks from elsewhere in FF6 will be making an appearance instead. As of now the midi for the second movement is clocking in at 6:20 and the third movement at 7 minutes in length. By the end we’ll have a good half-hour of music in tribute to Uematsu’s genius.

Jeremy, is there any chance that you and Derek will be considering releasing an uncut version of each movement in one massive song? Obviously it wouldn't be able to be hosted directly here, but there are plenty of alternatives.

Jeremy, is there any chance that you and Derek will be considering releasing an uncut version of each movement in one massive song? Obviously it wouldn't be able to be hosted directly here, but there are plenty of alternatives.

We're actually thinking of making a website to host all of the movements on. I don't think it would be appropriate for us to make it into a whole big piece.. I don't think that we need to. Since it's a Cantata there are supposed to be movements. Like Jeremy said there will be 5 movements all varying in material. The website (or whatever we decide to do) will consist of the movements. Not all one song. This is all just speculation of course as we haven't gotten far enough to decide anything for sure. I just know we're not going to be doing a huge mp3 consisting of them all. I hope that helps

-Derek-

Oh that's disappointing, was looking forward to what you could do with Kefka's battle theme after the three initial movements.

I think the only good part about the new age fast part is the organ solo anyways .. so maybe Jeremy and I can add that in somehow. You also have to remember that we're not finished yet.. So all of these things that are being said aren't said in stone. Decisions change sometimes so who knows whats to come :)

-Derek-

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to give an update as to the Cantata. We're currently working on the 2nd movement (which is awesome) and I think we should have it done in the next couple weeks here so hopefully we'll have it submitted to ocr this month. Just to give you all a little hint, think Bach Toccata & Fugue in D minor. :razz:

-Derek-

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

I knew that I told you all last month that the 2nd movement would be done in a couple weeks but I'm having some issues with the strings and I'm re-doing them. I just am not happy with the result and I don't want to release a half assed fugue as the strings are a big part of a fugue's "feel" but don't worry, it'll be worth the wait.

-Derek-

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again everyone. I have finished the strings and now for the last part I'm starting on the choir. I have my work cut out for me cuz Jeremy really wrote a challenging choir part. This will take me a little time but I'm confident that I'll be able to finish the piece soon. I will do a weekly update from now on until it's finished. Thank you everyone for your patience and support.

-Derek-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...