What NES game should I play?

supremespleen

I almost forgot to mention something else...

...Lifeforce.

Invest in it.

Edit:

Is there a consensus on the best NES emulator, btw? I was looking at FCE Ultra, but some people were recommending RockNES over it.

Well, I'm currently using FCE Ultra, and my only problem is the audio dumps and file locations altogether. Other than that, everything else is pretty much cool. I haven't heard anything about RockNES.

Is there a consensus on the best NES emulator, btw? I was looking at FCE Ultra, but some people were recommending RockNES over it.

Man a lot of these games are bringing back some great memories. I really can't recommend any others that hasn't been said already. As far as an emulator, Dhsu, I use Jnes. I haven't had any problems with it and it will run nicely in a window. Now if I can just get a good N64 one that won't act all funny at a higher resolution....

Gotta agree with Star Tropics. Never got around to getting my hands on the second one, but the first game was excellent in every respect (and yes, stupid hard). I don't think I beat it when I was a kid, haha.

Also, nobody has mentioned the greatest scrolling shooter EVER, and easily my favorite NES game. Tiger Heli. Amazingly awesome for reasons unknown. I played it for hours on end, though.

Two cents from a forum lurker. :)

A few thoughts...

Batman (Action Platformer)

Batman: Return of the Joker (Action)

Blaster Master (Action)

Burai Fighter (Shmup)

Casltevania (Action Platformer)

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (Action Platformer/RPG)

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (Action Platformer)

Contra (Run 'N Gun)

Dragon Warrior (RPG)

Dragon Warrior II (RPG)

Dragon Warrior III (RPG)

Dragon Warrior IV (RPG)

Dr. Mario (Puzzle)

Galaga (shmup)

Gargoyle's Quest II (Action RPG)

Guardian Legend (Shmup)

Gun Nac (Shmup)

Heavy Barrel (Run 'N Gun)

LifeForce (Shmup)

Metal Gear (Action Stealth)

Metal Storm (Action)

Metroid (Action Platformer)

MegaMan 1-6 (Platformer)

Ninja Gaiden (Action Platformer)

Ninja Gaiden II (Action Platformer)

Ninja Gaiden III (Action Platformer)

Silk Worm (Shmup)

Super C (Run 'N Gun)

Tetris (Tengen version) (Puzzle)

TMNT III: The Manhattan Project (Action)

Zanac (Shmup)

Agreed on the Mega-Man games as well as Mario 3.

Metal Gear 1&2. If you play Metal Gear 1, then search around on the internet for a way to make it through those 1-screen mazes. They aren't worth spending the hours it takes to blunder through, though the rest of the game is good.

...and you can't beat the engrish: "Oh-oh! I feel asleep!"

Zelda 2. I know many consider it blasphemy, but I liked it better than Zelda 1.

Contra.

Metroid. Though I still hate bomb-climbing to this day.

As for emulators, I use NESticle, though I really can't recommend it. It works, but I am sure that there is better.

Gotta agree with Star Tropics. Never got around to getting my hands on the second one, but the first game was excellent in every respect (and yes, stupid hard). I don't think I beat it when I was a kid, haha.

Also, nobody has mentioned the greatest scrolling shooter EVER, and easily my favorite NES game. Tiger Heli. Amazingly awesome for reasons unknown. I played it for hours on end, though.

I wish Ninty would make a new StarTropics

Oh yeeeeah, Tiger Heli was great. I would play that, 1942, and Excite Bike all the time at a friend's house back in the NES days.

Everyone remembers Ducktales, but everyone forgets Rescue Rangers. That game is too much fun, particularly if you play with someone else.

Oh man, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers is friggin' awesome. But it gets even better in two player. It's so much fun just throwing your teammate. :D

Oh man, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers is friggin' awesome. But it gets even better in two player. It's so much fun just throwing your teammate. :D

In two player mode, that game inevitably results in somebody hitting someone else with a box, and then it descends into throwing boxes at each other so that you can throw each other into holes. Which is, of course, exactly how it should be. :-D

Play the first Wizards and Warriors. The music is so annoyingly awesome.

OH YEAH, and Destiny of an Emporer. Awesome RPG.

Clash at Demonhead is great.

Definately play Castlevania 1-3. Like nonstop over a weekend. 1 and 3 are short, and 2 will quench your castlevania lust easy.

Cobra Triangle is a sweet game. F'in boats man!

AND I FURTHER SUPPORT DUCKTALES. THAT GAME WILL MAKE YOU TEAR YOUR EYES OUT WITH JOY.

Actually... FF1 will make you tear your eyes out. But its the first Final Fantasy! You can't go wrong! :-D

Play the first Wizards and Warriors. The music is so annoyingly awesome.

OH YEAH, and Destiny of an Emporer. Awesome RPG.

Clash at Demonhead is great.

Definately play Castlevania 1-3. Like nonstop over a weekend. 1 and 3 are short, and 2 will quench your castlevania lust easy.

Cobra Triangle is a sweet game. F'in boats man!

AND I FURTHER SUPPORT DUCKTALES. THAT GAME WILL MAKE YOU TEAR YOUR EYES OUT WITH JOY.

Actually... FF1 will make you tear your eyes out. But its the first Final Fantasy! You can't go wrong! :-D

Wizards and Warriors is just a recipe for an anuerysm.