Stardust is an awesome movie

sgx

Has anyone seen Stardust?

I don't usually come out of the theater thinking to myself, "Man, I really want to see that again before it comes out on DVD," but I did with this movie. It is just a genuinely fun and hilarious movie. I think I was smiling or laughing basically the whole time watching it and it got a big reaction out of the (only 20 or so) other people in the theater with me. I dragged along some of my male friends that aren't usually into that fantasy stuff but they got a huge kick out of it too.

It's been compared to The Princess Bride a bit - the plot isn't really like that, but I'd say the tone - lighthearted fantasy + comedy is similar. It is fantasy targeted at adults, but it isn't dark. It was really refreshing stuff!

Plus I think Claire Danes is super cute. mmmm hmmmm.

Go see it if you haven't. Who else has seen it?

I saw it last night and I thought it was really awesome. Not superomgamazingawesome, but still awesome. The comedy throughout the entire movie was a riot. It was a nice change from the epic dark LotR-style fantasy that Hollywood is so keen on shoving down our throats. It felt like a return to old-school fantasy movies.

Also, Michelle Pfeiffer is one of the most beautiful women in the world, and is pretty damn gorgeous for most of the movie; too bad things ended up the way they did. :P

Definitely gonna get it when it comes out on DVD.

Another endorsement here. I was one of the friends sgx dragged to see it. I kinda was interested in seeing, but I probably wouldn't have if he hadn't invited me to go along. Definitely glad I did. Also, De Niro's character in the movie, amazing.