OCR01607 - Great Giana Sisters "Giana's Homecoming"

djpretzel

As good as I remember it from the WIP thread, only this time with the benefit of having the intonation issue in the vocals at the end replaced with some beautiful harmony. I normally prefer songs to be energetic, but something like this has such a nice harmonic quality, it is equally excellent. Must be the northern European sense of melody shining through.

The texture of the guitar contrasts the smooth pads and vocals perfectly, and the drums subtly punctuate the structure without being over or under-bearing. I really like this track and i'm glad to see it on the front page.

Highly recommended.

Oh wow, djpretzel wasn't kidding about the Twin Peaks vibe. I'm totally catching it.

I'm loving this. Not sure how I feel about the percussion at times. Perhaps they're a bit MIDI-ish. It's not too much though to take away from the overall song. I wonder if more acoustic sounding drums would work better, but I don't know.

The vocals fit the song's style perfectly. You have a very nice voice. Harmonies put this song over the top in a very nice way. There's so much sweetness at the end, so much that in the right mood and setting, would definitely bring emotional tears to my eyes.

Very nice mixing and instrumentation all around.

Good job on this! I will most definitely be listening to this again and again.

Oh wow, djpretzel wasn't kidding about the Twin Peaks vibe. I'm totally catching it.

I'm loving this. Not sure how I feel about the percussion at times. Perhaps they're a bit MIDI-ish. It's not too much though to take away from the overall song. I wonder if more acoustic sounding drums would work better, but I don't know.

The vocals fit the song's style perfectly. You have a very nice voice. Harmonies put this song over the top in a very nice way. There's so much sweetness at the end, so much that in the right mood and setting, would definitely bring emotional tears to my eyes.

Very nice mixing and instrumentation all around.

Good job on this! I will most definitely be listening to this again and again.

Yea. What he said.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one I liked, but wasn't sure I liked it enough to give it 5 stars.

After a couple of months of having it on rotation, I found I enjoyed it more and more, feeling the relaxing, return to simplicity vibe, and the happiness of being able to chill. Homecoming. :) It moved me a little more every time I heard it, until I finally decided it was a favorite.

• 2 years later...

Now this is cute. It has a nicely nostalgic flair to it, not the sappy over the top kind but the kind that would make its listeners take one of those larger than normal sighs and exhale it with a big smile and a faraway look in their eyes.

You know what I mean.

It's pretty good, very nice, smooth and soothing, but all in all, I don't really care for it.

Yeah, this has the mood of a time when you'd sit, look out at the sunset, and reminisce over everything you've done that day... a nice close to a long journey home, if you will.

Nice guitar work, toward the end when the vocal harmonies are juxtaposed with the soft drumbeats and the acoustic guitar notes, it's pure bliss :-) The ending caught me off guard a little but in a good way.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for some very thoughtful, mellow music!

• 3 months later...

I have to say, listening to this one slowly expand was a really nice thing after a day of work. It never gets huge, but it doesn't need to, nice reflection on the remixer's part. My one slight disappointment is that I'm not crazy about the vibrato on the beginning notes, but I can easily put that aside.

Chill, quiet, relaxing, nice work.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01607 - Great Giana Sisters "Giana's Homecoming"