The Lemmings go to Europe (and Dance the Night Away!)

Psythik

I've always wanted to do a Lemmings remix in the Trance-/Dance-/Euro-style (even though everyone does Electronica remixes of video games!), so with no actual intentions of submitting it, I went ahead and did a quick little remix/cover.

Once finished, I was kinda a little somewhat happy with the results, enough that I'd figure I'd post it here to get some feedback. So without further ado, I present to you, The Lemmings go to Europe (and Dance the Night Away!):

http://psythik.com/music/Psythik-The_Lemmings_go_to_Europe_(and_Dance_the_Night_Away!)_[beta_1].mp3

(Cheezy title, I know, but I literally came up with it ten minutes ago. ^_^)

I figure I should let y'all know that this is my first attempt at a video game remix (ever!), and the third actual complete song I've done! So even though I've been producing music since 2005, I'm still an amateur at this! With that being said, I do hope you guys enjoy this song, and any (and all) feedback/pointers/suggestions/etc. are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Firstly, you may want to add a link to the source tune if you're remixing something not as well known as, for example, Chrono Trigger and stuff.

On to the song, I think that the low range could use a little more oomph. Furthermore, the basic beat stays the same throughout the whole song. Now this is something that you could say is rather typical for good ol' 90s Eurodance/Trance, but if you keep it that way, I'd advise you to add some variation by changing the synths playing in the foreground around.

Firstly, you may want to add a link to the source tune if you're remixing something not as well known as, for example, Chrono Trigger and stuff.

Oh yeah, right, the source tune. Here it is:

http://www.psythik.com/music/midi/LEMMIN1P.MID

On to the song, I think that the low range could use a little more oomph. Furthermore, the basic beat stays the same throughout the whole song. Now this is something that you could say is rather typical for good ol' 90s Eurodance/Trance, but if you keep it that way, I'd advise you to add some variation by changing the synths playing in the foreground around.

Great suggestions. Creating a catchy, yet unrepetitive beat has never been one of my strongest talents, but I'll give it a try. I'll see what I can do with the synths as well (I've already changed their sound a bit, so that they sound a little more unique than your typical sawtooth).