Megaman 8 Grenademan WIP

chanq

Hey! I've been working on this for a couple of weeks, but now I don't know what to do.. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

As you can tell I suck at mixing/mastering :P Of course there are more problems; that's why I'm posting this thread.

But hey, I started working with Reason, like, six months ago so I guess I can't expect too much from myself.

grenade_mm8.mp3 - 2.47MB

Hope you like it!

EDIT: I changed more than I thought I would in this version. I added more bass lines, made a decent intro, extended the song quite a bit and of course, I tried to mix it well.

Personally, I think it turned out quite good. Maybe not OCR good, but better than before at least..

grenademan_mm8.mp3 - 4.02MB

Hey! I've been working on this for a couple of weeks, but now I don't know what to do.. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

As you can tell I suck at mixing/mastering :P Of course there are more problems; that's why I'm posting this thread.

But hey, I started working with Reason, like, six months ago so I guess I can't expect too much from myself.

grenade_mm8.mp3 - 2.47MB

Hope you like it!

Don't blame the time you've had with a program on any shortcomings.

Everything sounds like it's at the same volume, and barely panned. The drums sound generic and not really that varied, and the lead feels too loud sometimes. This gave me a headache...

The solo is nice, I'll give you that.

Volume is the main issue. Fix that, and some better sounding drums would be nice. And then I think this would have a chance up against the Judges. Good luck.

/GX

Thanks for the advice. I've tried to listen to them as much as possible but I don't know wether there was an improvement or a deterioration.

The song has been "mixed" and reorganized but it's still far from finished.

I'm not gonna submit the link now because it's late and I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow morning..