OCR00797 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Robotnik's Trippin' on Ecstasy"

Ginnsu

Hehe.. Reminds me of the first time I was about to face Dr. Robotnik. I was calm at first, then I heard his tune in the background.. What I'm trying to say, and not doing a good job at it, is that it has different stages of emotion in this remix and makes them sound GREAT! You gotta do more like this PxFury!

• 8 months later...

This'll probably sound kinda stupid, but here it goes.

While listening to this song, I couldn't help but wonder why the piano was in there at the beginning. Then the image of Gerald Robotnik teaching Julian/Julias...can't remember Eggman's first-name :oops: how to play the piano.

Fast-forward about ten years, and Eggman is a DJ at a rave, playing the very song he learned from his grandfather.

The other theory I had about the song was that perhaps while Robotnik was in a club, he was popping some E, and had delusions of grandeur, so he started creating and building, unaware that he wasn't as great as he thought he was. In comes Sonic, who ruins his plans :)

About the remix, though. I think its very nicely done, and definatly one of my favorites on here.

• 11 months later...

Absolutely amazing.

Seriously, this reminds me of those flashback videos. The video in my head is something like...

*Robotnik finally is going to die. That's the piano bit. Then, he remembers when it first began. On with the flashbacks, the illusions of grandeur, the pain, the tears, the memories... The the piano bit comes back and Robotnik dies.*

Sometimes I have the "Robotnik playing piano then goes to club and makes a rave song" video, but mostly it's the flashback one.

I'm a sucker for songs like this. I haven't meant one I didn't like yet.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

a pretty good mix, with some nice synths and piano work- the sounds are a bit generic, but they work well to tell the story of the rise and fall of DJ Robotnic. Nice panning on the bloopy synths, and though the track suffers a bit from the cut-and-paste work on the sections, and the overly fast ending, it's still a pretty fun track.

• 1 year later...

Very nice stuff going on here. Slow piano opening, faster electronic midsection, solid ending. Not really much more to ask for in a good ReMix. Sounds more like a flashback theme than a battle theme, but I'm cool with that considering how good it sounds. I do think it kinda does end a bit faster than one might expect with how it flows, but still, sounds great.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00797 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Robotnik's Trippin' on Ecstasy"