What to put on a "bass" CD?

Effector

So I finally got my car speakers fixed, after a long period of crackling (and static when the CD player was really quiet). Anyway, I realized I have some really nice bass in my car, so I'm looking for some songs to... "showcase" this fact. I don't want some mindless IDM or anything like that. Something with a groove. Think... Take California by The Propellerheads as a jumping-off point. I wouldn't mind them being from OCR, either.

I have a few songs already (but not enough), so recommended your favorites. :D I haven't added any new blood to my listening music lately.

Bloc Party and Interpol are both good for songs that can pump out the bass but have other interesting (and, let's face it, damn fun) elements. With Interpol you could take pretty much anything off their first two albums though I'm partial to Turn on the Bright Lights because it moves a lot more than Antics, while some of the best of Bloc Party for your purposes would be harder to find B-sides, like the club version of "Tulips" off, well, Tulips, and the phones/disco version of "Banquet" off their first self-titled EP. See also: "Luno" from Silent Alarm.

There are plenty of Beck songs that are nice to funk to. My favorite is Guero's "Go It Alone"; it's slower, but I still find myself nodding along in the car and violently resisting the urge to take my hands off the wheel and start snapping. You probably couldn't go wrong with Gorillaz either, although "Feel Good Inc." and "Kids With Guns" off Demon Days come to mind. You might give The Postal Service a try too, although beat isn't as prominent with them as the others I've mentioned.

I can't think of anything else in particular right now, except to say that you really really ought to include "Glass Danse" by The Faint. Other songs of theirs might work well too but Glass Danse is definitely the best.

I dunno anything from the Propellerheads, so I'll just give recommendations from stuff I know :-P.

I'm a huge fan of Talvin Singh. While I've been listening to more of his down tempo stuff (like Back to Mine) lately, I'd recommend something from his OK or Ha albums (Soundz of the Asian Underground isn't bad, though it's probably my least favorite of his catalog). Most of the tracks on those two are D&B, but a lot more intelligent than stuff that's more dance-oriented (like Roni Size...though, New Forms wasn't too bad IMO).

Not sure if its your style, but "Unring The Bell" by Gov't Mule (from the album "High and Mighty") has some heavy bass in it.. it's not like their usual songs, it has a reggae feel to it. Great song, you should check it out :D.. check out the sample over at Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/High-Mighty-Govt-Mule/dp/B000GPIPW4/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9155255-8588165?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1187310692&sr=8-1

Finally someone actually posts some DOWNLOADABLE music.

Let's see, I'll third the Beck recommendation, particularly the more modern stuff - while a lot of them aren't extremely bassy, it's just great car music and music in general.

For something bassy, let's see - try this. http://download.yousendit.com/F878314B4CD529B2

Unfortunately, this isn't really a song I'd listen to in the car - it just has nice bass. (A Far Cry by Yoko Kanno.)