OCR00796 - Lunar: Eternal Blue "Orange October"

Ginnsu

Lunar: Eternal Blue 'Orange October'

This is much more mellow then any of the other pieces I have reviewed today. Very soothing and soft with chimes, lite cymbal crashes, and the whole bit. Not exactly my favorite genre of music, but possibly something I could fall asleep to. Nice work Quinn Fox, keep them coming. I do need to sleep, after all.

I think this is my favorite Remix by Quinn Fox, although I also loved "Mamabrain" and PSO's "LobbyStatic" (in fact, I'll listen to them right now!). I'll also agree with DJP that this one was recorded at a low volume, but I kinda think that all of his mixes are.. ^_^; This mix is beautiful though, I like your certain "style" of remixing, and I think I could recognize it anywhere. (Does that make sense?) This song is just very relaxing and the instruments you chose (and how you used them) are wonderful! I adore it. The ending note is just a little bit strange, but that's only one small qualm. I can't wait to hear your next big mix. ^_^

Thanks to those of you who checked this tune out, very appreciated. I only wish there were more Lunar fans.

As it is, anyone who knows this music well, or can pop in their Sega CD and check it out will immediately hear that I did much, MUCH more than just plug this in through MIDI and let it fly. Many new parts were added, and it was made completely from ear.

Once again, my thanks to the listeners and reviewers. Have a great one!

~Quinn Fox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

A quiet, contemplative piece, this would totally fit in at a spa while I get a relaxing massage. Ahhhh so relaxing... ^_^

The strings are great, and the ambient chimes and soft harp really set the mood. A little to the left; ah there we go... ^_^

However, the ending is a total copout and really did the rest of the mix a disservice, IMO. I would have even preferred a fade, as that would have fit the style better, but the sudden single basson note and drum hit (soft as it was) was jarring, and even though I got a pretty good massage, I was kinda hoping for a happy ending (heh, jk).

• 11 months later...

This is a really great mix of the main theme. It evokes a much different feeling than the original, I think; more relaxing and serene. The quality of the arrangement contributed to that.

While overall it's really good, I think the two things that could've been better were the cymbal crashes (they didn't sound quite that clear), and it didn't seem to really go anywhere with the ending.

Nevertheless, it's a great mix. And I really would like to see more remixes come from Lunar EB. KF

• 10 months later...

Nice quiet mix. I enjoyed listening to it with my eyes closed. Perfect time to review this song, as it is October, and there is quite a bit of orange outside. ^.^ Very suitable for the weather.

Sadly, the ending isn't doing it for me. Would really like to hear a reworked ending on this. Otherwise it's a nice piece.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Very reminiscent of the aquatic ambience from DKC. The strings/pads felt like they had a little too much high end on them which caused them to stick out a bit much, but the general idea was there! Once again, you have the distant and detached piano that sits perfectly in the soundscape. Remind me of some of the music from FFX. The pulsating synths really drive the piece, but in a casual tone that enforces a relaxed emotion. I really feel a calmness while listening. This is great for the grey/overcast skies I'm seeing in Nashville this morning! Brilliant!

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00796 - Lunar: Eternal Blue "Orange October"