Bioshock

100_PERCENT ROEMER

I was having a conversation about the demo with some friends earlier tonight.

SLIGHT DEMO SPOILERS

That one lady that had the cradle? there was no baby in the cradle i think it was a gun or something in there. but as soon as i saw her i pumped her full of lead (or wrench probably). My friends all sat and listened to her to see if she was a good NPC or something but i blew that bitch away. It was an interesting contrast.

This is probably going to be the best FPS since Unreal/Half-Life. The demo stoked me up, and I'll probably be picking up a copy on Tuesday if it's available.

The atmosphere and story alone are worthy of a purchase, but the combat is amazing. Plasmids are tons of fun, and hacking the machines to fight for you is awesome. Also, the Big Daddy fights look like tons of fun.

Oh my fucking god, Jack Thompson is at it again.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/19/jack-thompson-files-bioshock-ad-complaint-with-ftc/

He's complained to the FCC about Take Two advertising Bioshock during WWE. He says it's about peddling violence to teens using television ads. He compares it to using cartton characters to sell cigs to kids.

The funny part is that he has no problem with the violence portrayed in wrestling.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/19/jack-thompson-files-bioshock-ad-complaint-with-ftc/

He's complained to the FCC about Take Two advertising Bioshock during WWE. He says it's about peddling violence to teens using television ads. He compares it to using cartton characters to sell cigs to kids.

The funny part is that he has no problem with the violence portrayed in wrestling.

Damn, I was going to revive the LOL JACK THOMPSON thread with this :P

Man I hate that guy. How can't people see that he is a total idoit. None of his claims ever have merit. Also, I'm pretty sure many people would argue that WWE programming isn't really kid friendly.

Man I hate that guy. How can't people see that he is a total idoit. None of his claims ever have merit. Also, I'm pretty sure many people would argue that WWE programming isn't really kid friendly.

Actually, in this case, his complaint has one single merit. Take Two owns 2K Games, when they bought them back when it was known as Irrational Games.

But Take Two doesn't seem too connected with them, and is more of a hands-off owner.

JT is still an asshole, though. I think we can all agree on that.

I was having a conversation about the demo with some friends earlier tonight.

SLIGHT DEMO SPOILERS

That one lady that had the cradle? there was no baby in the cradle i think it was a gun or something in there. but as soon as i saw her i pumped her full of lead (or wrench probably). My friends all sat and listened to her to see if she was a good NPC or something but i blew that bitch away. It was an interesting contrast.

Yeah, I shot her with electricity at first sight. I'm not sure why I didn't give her much of a chance to prove herself good or evil. I just knew she was creepy as hell and I was having none of it.

Actually, in this case, his complaint has one single merit. Take Two owns 2K Games, when they bought them back when it was known as Irrational Games.

But Take Two doesn't seem too connected with them, and is more of a hands-off owner.

JT is still an asshole, though. I think we can all agree on that.

2K Games has been a publishing label of Take Two for a while. Irrational became 2K Boston/Australia, which are developmennt houses. Big difference.

I picked out my two favorite splicers from the free artbook thing:

untitled2th7.jpg

You better believe ill be runnin when that one comes..

untitled4gu9.jpg

I am really interested in the backstories of all the splicers, how they got how they are and whatnot. Above looks creepy and interesting, since he is wearing a hazmat style suit.

That's it, I'm gonna stop looking in this thread. All this time avoiding looking at concept art for fear of spoilers, and now it's made its way here =(

... I wonder if this game is going to coax a lot of people to play System Shock 2... With any luck it will =)

Agreed. It's one of those old school games everyone has to give a try.

I played this on the 360 first, just because the pc demo wasn't out yet. I'm not into FPS on joypads at all!

But yeah, this could have a storyline as epic as half-life. I just hope that my x1950pro can play it nicely enough...

By the way, screw fileplanet, the bastards, teasing everyone. Now we're all just getting it via bittorrent.

Edit: Played the PC demo, runs great, looks just like the 360 version! :)

School network. I was pulling off 1.3 meg upload :)

I played this on the 360 first, just because the pc demo wasn't out yet. I'm not into FPS on joypads at all!

But yeah, this could have a storyline as epic as half-life. I just hope that my x1950pro can play it nicely enough...

By the way, screw fileplanet, the bastards, teasing everyone. Now we're all just getting it via bittorrent.

Edit: Played the PC demo, runs great, looks just like the 360 version! :)

I got a X1950XT also and it ran awesome. Short demo though.

I waited in fileplanet's lame line for an hour or so and once I started downloading I was getting a solid 400KB/s. At 19%, my download just totally froze up and I said "screw it." Now I'm downloading the demo off of steam at about 150KB/s. It's not 400KB/s, but it's better than nothing.

School network. I was pulling off 1.3 meg upload :)

I got a X1950XT also and it ran awesome. Short demo though.

I got the same card two weeks ago. I love this little thing. And it ran Bioshock perfectly. I think I'm going to get the, but I might be too big of a wuss to beat it.