Bioshock

100_PERCENT ROEMER

Apparently Bioshock is having people complain about how it handles widescreen. I can see how they would complain after being told this: "You will see more in widescreen. We use a different projection matrix; there is no squashing or stretching of the image involved." :P

This can be fixed, right?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/shortscreened/bioshocks-widescreen-pissing-people-off-291697.php

Yeah. Am I the only one that finds Steam less and less attractive? First I buy Dark Messiah of Might & Magic through it, and that didn't work at ALL on my old computer (through no fault of my old computer). Then, I buy Geometry Wars through it, and during the download some critical error botches my kernel (so sayeth Blue Screen) and forces a reformat. NOW the Bioshock countdown hits zero, and like... nothing happens. I mean, this last one is just me being impatient, but still.

Add to that the fact that I'm afraid to buy the Id Superpack, because I dunno if the Dooms will be compatible with the user-made engines like DoomsDay and the like. I guess Steam's a great idea, of course. I just find it wanting.

Edit: there it goes. I have to download Bioshock from scratch again. Good game.

On general principle I just don't buy anything other than Valve games on Steam. I already told myself that's all I'd get on Steam, and the fact that my friend got his Steam account jacked a little while back just makes me realize sometimes I'd rather have a physical copy of a game if that's a choice I can make.

Anyone else extremely disappointed with the Limited Edition "Soundtrack?"

The only reason I purchased the limited edition was for the soundtrack, which I thought would be, you know, music from the game. Instead it is three poorly remixed stage band tunes. I've never heard "God Bless the Child" sound so bad... I could care less about the Big Daddy figure, which was broken to boot!

The only reason I purchased the limited edition was for the soundtrack, which I thought would be, you know, music from the game. Instead it is three poorly remixed stage band tunes. I've never heard "God Bless the Child" sound so bad... I could care less about the Big Daddy figure, which was broken to boot!

http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/busted/

Makes me glad that I didn't get one then.

yeah i was glad i didn't get the "special" edition either. I'm kind of stuck on one part of the game. I'm in neptunes.. whatever it's called neptunes bay? And i was leaving that section for the next and i didn't fight any big daddies and it advised me to get more adam before leaving the area. so i went back and fought a big daddy but theres no little sister in sight. Can you defeat a big daddy and not get adam from his little sister? i have no clue where she went.

yeah i was glad i didn't get the "special" edition either. I'm kind of stuck on one part of the game. I'm in neptunes.. whatever it's called neptunes bay? And i was leaving that section for the next and i didn't fight any big daddies and it advised me to get more adam before leaving the area. so i went back and fought a big daddy but theres no little sister in sight. Can you defeat a big daddy and not get adam from his little sister? i have no clue where she went.

Apparently the Big Daddies roam around in search of the Sisters from the nodes on the wall. I think you may have to stalk them until they knock the Sisters off the wall.

Geh, seeing as I won't have access to this game till Friday (aussie time), I decided to grab the PC demo off Gamespot. Awesome thing is, the setup file didn't work. Guess I'm gonna have to wait till Friday, unless someone can send me the setup file from the PC demo. I think I should try and dodge this thread from now on, don't want any spoilers.

My friend actually I bought the game and I've basically been watching him play

Slight spoilers but it was in the demo and it's really just speculation

1.) In the diary of the Mclintok girl when she's drinking and then all of a sudden people come in and start shooting and then she gets shot...if you listen hard enough you can hear one of the people in the background yell LONG LIVE ATLAS!

And then also in an announcement Atlas' fighters are quickly mentioned

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/23/bioshocks-little-sister-killing-gets-mainstream-attention/

So the Little Sisters are getting in the news because some idiots think it's glorifying violence against children. They think that the monsters shaped like children are unacceptable to kill.

Isn't that the entire point of the characters? To make people think twice about killing a monster? I thought the entire idea of the Little Sisters was to invoke a sense of 'shades of gray' attitude toward the decision to either kill an evil monster or save what seems to be a little girl, depending on your viewpoint.

Some people don't seem to realize there can be a deeper meaning to video games such as this one.