Bioshock

100_PERCENT ROEMER

I don't think anyone's posted it and I think that on this site it would be especially important: Instead of charging for it and waiting for release through a music label, 2K's decided to release the Bioshock Orchestral Score on the Cult of Rapture website free of charge. They're all HERE and free of charge as MP3s.

P.S. For anyone who likes piano solos, listen to "Cohen's Masterpiece" it's amazing, especially after you've played through the level.

So, I don't know how many of you know this, but apparently Bioshock, and the demo too, installs the infamous Sony SecureROM rootkit on unsuspecting computers.

What?

What?

Sony rootkit? On my computer?

Great. Just fucking great. I'm so glad that this was mentioned in the End User Agreement. Now I'm going to have to look for it and find it, then try to remove it somehow.

I want links, Bahamut. I want some proof before I completely freak out.

Is it funny or scary that Microsoft's rootkit removal system crashes and fails when I try to run it? I mean, it goes straight from the icon to the error reporting window. Nothing opens up. It just goes straight to error reporting.

Now, either MS's own rootkit software is fucked up, or I have said rootkit, and it's preventing me from running any software that would let me find and remove it.

I don't think anyone's posted it and I think that on this site it would be especially important: Instead of charging for it and waiting for release through a music label, 2K's decided to release the Bioshock Orchestral Score on the Cult of Rapture website free of charge. They're all HERE and free of charge as MP3s.

P.S. For anyone who likes piano solos, listen to "Cohen's Masterpiece" it's amazing, especially after you've played through the level.

Is this the entire score? Nevertheless, what's there sounds pretty amazing and very original.

Apparently the Big Daddies roam around in search of the Sisters from the nodes on the wall. I think you may have to stalk them until they knock the Sisters off the wall.

Yeah, it has to be something like that. One time I stood and watched a BD banging on the node trying to get the LS to come out. I dunno if she would've after a while or not, cause I was too busy shooting her would-be-bodyguard in the face with electric buckshot.

So, who actually harvests Little Sisters? I've been rescuing them all, so I'm curious about the difference in the amount of Adam you get.

Yeah, it has to be something like that. One time I stood and watched a BD banging on the node trying to get the LS to come out. I dunno if she would've after a while or not, cause I was too busy shooting her would-be-bodyguard in the face with electric buckshot.

So, who actually harvests Little Sisters? I've been rescuing them all, so I'm curious about the difference in the amount of Adam you get.

80 for a save, 160 for a harvest.

Is man not entitled to the game he buys?

NO, says the man at Securom. It belongs to 2K.

NO, says the man at 2K. It belongs to us.

NO, says the man at Microsoft. It belongs to our license purchasers.

I rejected those answers.

Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...piracy! Where the gamer would not be censored, where the PC owner would not be bound by petty encryption, where the buyer would not be constrained by corporate greed. And with the downloading of your torrents, piracy could become your salvation.

Is man not entitled to the game he buys?

NO, says the man at Securom. It belongs to 2K.

NO, says the man at 2K. It belongs to us.

NO, says the man at Microsoft. It belongs to our license purchasers.

I rejected those answers.

Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...piracy! Where the gamer would not be censored, where the PC owner would not be bound by petty encryption, where the buyer would not be constrained by corporate greed. And with the downloading of your torrents, piracy could become your salvation.

after the demo came out, i ran around saying " is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow!?" in that really silly voice. that's probably one of my favorite bits of dialog in the game.