Bioshock

100_PERCENT ROEMER

youre kinda still supporting it by buying the xbox version...

Supporting the company, sure, but see if people stopped buying the PC version, it would send a word to the companies that people won't take it. By supporting the sales of the PC version in particular, they are encouraging these companies to sell products in this crippled fashion.

Played around with this game a bit on PC, like the feel... cept for the fact the game ran slow. But I loved the atmosphere. So now I'm looking for games with a similar vibe but slightly older so I can actually play it. Any recommendations?

System Shock 2? I never actually played it but if Bioshock is its spiritual succesor or whatever, I assume it is somewhat similar but it's a bit older so it would prob work for you.

System Shock 2? I never actually played it but if Bioshock is its spiritual succesor or whatever, I assume it is somewhat similar but it's a bit older so it would prob work for you.

Yeh played that a while back, loved it... The atmosphere wasnt quite as dark, as the actual environment being dark though.

Other stuff with the atmosphere I liked that Iv played: STALKER, American Mcgee's Alice, Condemned. Doom3 was close but the 'oh hey lets also make the world so dark the player thinks their blind' idea killed it...

Spoilers... maybe. I'll throw in some speedbumps, & even make the text white, so highlight it!

Is it just me, or is this game not only (provided you didn't harvest any little sisters) about family & doing the right thing, but also about abortion, & embryonic stem cell research? I mean, think about it, in the game -SPOILERS- if you harvest a little sister you get a to become more powerful & basically get an easier game.

-SPOILER-On the other hand, if you save them, you get less adam, & the game becomes a bit more difficult, it takes longer to get the more powerful upgrades, but in the end, -SPOILER- you give the little girls a future that they would never have had other wise. Or you destroy them to get it "easier". Or maybe I'm just reading to much into it.

Basically, what did you guys take from the story? Keep in ming that these are the 2 overwhelming themes in the game, seeing as the original trailers focused on the litle sisters, as well as the way the good ending unfolds. I'm just curious as to what you got from it. Like, when it comes right down to it, after beating the game, or during if your still playing, could you get yourself to harvest, or was it to icky to get yourself to do it, as it was for me.

after beating the game, or during if your still playing, could you get yourself to harvest, or was it to icky to get yourself to do it, as it was for me.

I had to stop harvesting after that gameplay twist.

The biggest theme in the game is Ayn Rand's philosophy of objectivism, which (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I've never read her work) emphasizes personal responsibility, objective reality (truth independent of observation) and the fact that free men should be able to choose their own way in life without undue interference. The only real choice the player has is to either harvest or save the little sisters.

-steve