FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

i just got FL v4.01 and i will probably have some questions for this thing later, i could just put. "How do i use this?" and get majorly flamed but i an't doing that, i just dont really want to look through 35 pages to find a decent tutorial taht will help me, as 4.01 didn't give me any help with anything under the help section. plus i looked at 1 tutorial on the first page, but i didn't get any little "step sequence" to help me out.

i feel like a total dumass posting this but whatever, my fl 4.01 obviously didn't come with everything as with the little "demo" thing to play with when it opens, i can only play with 1 of the 4 sounds so it's pretty gay.

oh well i'll ask something inteligent next time.

I have a question: How can I change tempo in the middle of a song?

Okay, pick a pattern you want it to start on, and right click the tempo once the pattern is high-lighted... then click Edit Events, and it's kinda straight forward from here (* the upper left area would of the whole screen helps a lot, it tells % and stuff)

you can just repeat that with any knob in FL

enjoy :)

You bought BeatSlicer or FL Studio?

If not... then you'll get crap...

Anyhoo...

Load a phrase... and use the piano roll to edit which gets played where.... please post more specific wuestion than that!

Hey, I was just about to ask about beat-slicing! I get the idea, and how to actually make it work, but I'm a little hazy on how to actually use it in a song. Let's say I'm using it on a .wav of some percussion loop I made. I go into the piano roll there, and I mess around with it... but don't really know how to get something that sounds good with it like that. Any tips, experience, wisdom to share?

Figure out where all the percussion lay on your array... this will help!

Now altering tempos can do neat stuff too... like applying a 100 bpm drums to 142 bpm tempo... somehow that always works for me...

Um... breakbeats... remember my first little note... now imagine the breakbeat you wanna make... arrange the kicks how you want it to be done.... then the snares...

Sure it's time consuming... but it might be worth it....

I am such a newb, please don't flame me. Here goes:

I want to start remixing, ya know for fun? Maybe try it out. I don't have any software or even an idea. I've read different tutorials but I just can't understand most of them and the programs used. Like one was supposed to be a newbie tutorial on another site but it was like advanced. So now I'm really confused.

Can anyone help?

I am such a newb, please don't flame me. Here goes:

I want to start remixing, ya know for fun? Maybe try it out. I don't have any software or even an idea. I've read different tutorials but I just can't understand most of them and the programs used. Like one was supposed to be a newbie tutorial on another site but it was like advanced. So now I'm really confused.

do you know music theoru to a substantial level...

If not... contact me on AIM...

ok?

He probably means 5/4... There's no such meter as 4/5.

If you want a time signature that's like 4/4, but with triplets, try 12/8 (steps: 12, beat length: 3).

My band teacher spent much time teaching about various meters. Most of the lesson was actually about why everything is in 4/4 and occasionally 3/4 though. He had written a little song in 4/5, it was pretty theoretical, um, we didn't play it too good. Though he played a recording of it done right, and it's pretty dern weird... screws with the brain >_<

Duh...

I've been working with the demo of FruityLoops 3.5.4, but I just heard of FL Studio 4. I've been looking to buy the most expensive version of one, and I was wondering, is their any difference? Studio looks better, but I haven't used it as long, so... any advice?

(thinks this should go in this thread, as both are FruityLoops products...)

Studio has some stability issues... not as stable as 3.5.6... wait until there is a better version for best improvement...

But I love the fact that it has 64 FX tracks and 8 slots per track...

Now I can do Stereo-Phaser-Chorus-Flanger-Reverb-Delay strings... which is uber cool for ambience.

And you can compensate for the lack of Boobass by downlading Steinberg's VB-1... which can do more sounds...

Um... that's not including the master and sends.... so... 552 effexts possible simultaneous (possibly for those who have the mother of all compy's with 8 3 GHz CPUs and monolithic soundcard....

Probably what gol was hoping was that this was going to accomodate the more powerful computers to come... such that when one got accustomed to it to the point he wanted more than 114 plugins at once, it would be possible with computers say in the next three or four years.

Gol was probably trying to eek out Reason... I dunno...