FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

Hey guys, I have a question about my FruityLoops Soundfont Player. It seems that whenever I try to load a soundfont into it, it gives me an access violation from the module Fruity soundfont player.dll. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I have a problem with fruity loops 4. If i make a song with soundfonts from internet, save the song, and load that song again. Then "ALL" my instruments changes to some strange strange, very strange instrument, that sounds weird. And each time i load the song, then i have to put all the instrument back to their original place if its going to sound good again. WHY??? i hate it, i hate it, i hate it!!! It has been like this for months 8O It takes about 5 minutes or more, to put all the instruments back....

I have a problem with fruity loops 4. If i make a song with soundfonts from internet, save the song, and load that song again. Then "ALL" my instruments changes to some strange strange, very strange instrument, that sounds weird. And each time i load the song, then i have to put all the instrument back to their original place if its going to sound good again. WHY??? i hate it, i hate it, i hate it!!! It has been like this for months 8O It takes about 5 minutes or more, to put all the instruments back....

Did you buy the full soundfont plugin, or are you just using the regular old demo soundfont plugin that comes with FL4?

You need to have the full version of the plugin in order for the program to save your soundfont tracks properly.

Did you buy the full soundfont plugin, or are you just using the regular old demo soundfont plugin that comes with FL4?

You need to have the full version of the plugin in order for the program to save your soundfont tracks properly.

Nope, i didnt buy it, i use the regular :? ...well, so there is nothing else that i can do if i dont want to buy the plugin?

Nope, i didnt buy it, i use the regular :? ...well, so there is nothing else that i can do if i dont want to buy the plugin?

That's right. The only thing I can recommend is to either buy it, or to keep a text file of all the instruments and their respective channels for personal reference. :?

Is there a voice that has that "slappy bass" sound found in Dead Or Alive's "Spin me Right Round"?

I want to use that in a remix, and was hoping it was in FruityLoops somewhere and that I'm just passing over it.

Is there a voice that has that "slappy bass" sound found in Dead Or Alive's "Spin me Right Round"?

I want to use that in a remix, and was hoping it was in FruityLoops somewhere and that I'm just passing over it.

Try Wasp, DX10 or SimSynth or 3Osc. If you cannot find or create it look into soundpacks and samples found around the net and maybe try some more vstis.

I propose we make a soundfont site sharing all the souindfonts that we've gotten for free. Of course, we have to give credit to whomever we get the soundfont from or whoever created it.

That's what hammersound and soundsite try to do.

I haven't tried to use events yet in Fruity, though now I'm ready to.

Suppose I want to do a filter "roll-off" (term?) in bar 30 on the drums, which are in FX channel 1, alone. I put a low-pass filter on the FX channel, but then how do I create an event to sweep the frequency at bar 30?

This is just an example. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking, but if it's about automating events, then what you do is right click on the knob or slider you want to automate, in the pattern you want to automate in, and select "edit events". Then a window will pop up that should be empty, and you just draw what you want it to do. And something to remember, themeasure numbers in the event editor count from the first measure of the pattern, not of the whole song.

Something you can do is use one pattern only for automating the effect you want to. Then, put the pattern with the automation in the playlist where you want the effect to happen. If you need more clarification, I can probably explain by posting an flp.

I've got a silghtly technical question as far as FL goes. I used to do music with it on this computer of mine, but it just started locking up on me all the sudden. So I did that "Reset Settings" thing but I still get shafted each time I try it. I reinstalled it and it still locks up on me. Is my computer just messed up or does it hate FL? Heh, thanks.

I've got a silghtly technical question as far as FL goes. I used to do music with it on this computer of mine, but it just started locking up on me all the sudden. So I did that "Reset Settings" thing but I still get shafted each time I try it. I reinstalled it and it still locks up on me. Is my computer just messed up or does it hate FL? Heh, thanks.

I have an older yamaha psr keyboard and i just got a midi cable today but i'm having mad trouble getting it to work in FL or whatever. I thought you can control the synths with it or something, but the red midi light does not come up and I am at a loss as to what to try next. please help me fellas

What version?

Do you got DirectSound going?

Audio drivers for your Soundcard installed?

Do you use 24 bit display (I think it requires you to use 16 or 32)

Let me think of more as I try to get my computer all up and running.

I have an older yamaha psr keyboard and i just got a midi cable today but i'm having mad trouble getting it to work in FL or whatever. I thought you can control the synths with it or something, but the red midi light does not come up and I am at a loss as to what to try next. please help me fellas

Control what? Notes on/off? (i.e. write music just for sheer pitch and time values?)

Modwheel can only effect the modulation. However it might be the other way where the computer is trying to control the keyboard.

But the best bet is the drivers. You probably need to install the drivers. And make sure Yamaha has drivers that are compatible with the keyboard, as I am taking it is like 4 or 5 years old.