FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

To those of you using FL Studio 4.0 or greater:

Not sure if you've spent any time looking over Dashboard, but it could become an essentialy plugin for almost every song you make. Due to the fact that it lets you construct custom internal controllers, it allows you to very easily automate a whole shitload of different controls on a number of different plugins from one interface. For an example of this, I made an internal controller with it that I call "Quad-Controller." It's designed to allow you to control filter cutoff, resonance, filter envelope attack, and filter envelope decay of four different synths, along with volume and panning of those four synths. This allows you to group all of the automations for the four plugins together in a bunch of patterns and saves you time by preventing you from having to switch back and forth to each synth's interface just to automate them individually. Kind of hard to explain, but check it out and you'll see what good it is:

http://www.tri-emplem.com/beatdrop/Quad-Controller.fst

Just download that to your FL Studio directory (place it in \Data\Patches\Plugin presets\Generators\Dashboard) and load it into Dashboard through the Presets list.

I"m having trouble making a good lead trance synth, everything i make with the 3xosc or simsynth doesn't have the feel i want. Either it's to sharp and resonated that it will break your eardrums or too filtered that all you hear is a low wet blip sound, i can't get that trance sound that's all resonated and it's powerful yet it's not high and pitchy so it will kill your ear drums. That's what I have trouble doing. Other people tell me just to buy FM7 or another synth but I think anything is possible using the default fruity generators and effects. It's easy to come out with very different sounds. If someone could send me some kind of .flp with good trance synth's in it I would greatly appreciate it or at least give me a couple tips.

I"m having trouble making a good lead trance synth, everything i make with the 3xosc or simsynth doesn't have the feel i want. Either it's to sharp and resonated that it will break your eardrums or too filtered that all you hear is a low wet blip sound, i can't get that trance sound that's all resonated and it's powerful yet it's not high and pitchy so it will kill your ear drums. That's what I have trouble doing. Other people tell me just to buy FM7 or another synth but I think anything is possible using the default fruity generators and effects. It's easy to come out with very different sounds. If someone could send me some kind of .flp with good trance synth's in it I would greatly appreciate it or at least give me a couple tips.

I find the SVF filters very useful when making those fat sounds. Also, try using chorus and/or flanger (this is even explained in a Fruity Loops tutorial, though I forget which one right now.)

Personally I stick with a combo of triangles and squares for the phat leads, saws and squares for bubble-synths (TB-303 sounds and all that...) and I use a round-saw, triangle and sine combos for bass when using 3xOsc and SimSynth.

HEY! That soundfont player in FL is awesome, but it's only a demo...how do I register it?!

OR, where could I get an equally-as-effective free soundfont player that I can apply in FL?

Thanks in advance...

Not sure about a free one, but I believe you need to be using the latest version of FL in order to register your SF Player. It shouldn't be a problem if you own your copy of FL, as you get free updates for life, so you'll always have the current version. SF Player costs $35 to register.

For purchasing information about FL, head over to http://www.flstudio.com

I am using a steinberg voice generator VST plugin on Fruityloops. The thing is...I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO AUTOMATE IT. Can somebody help me out here? I went to help and it says to figure out if it is automatible an icon will appear in hint box but NOTHING appears in the hint box when I do the required thingah. Do i really need to buy some sort of keyboard or am I just screwed...or do I need to get some other kind of looper thingy. Im a nub so help me out please!

I want to take the drum track I made in Fruity and convert it to a MIDI file to send MIDI to my drum machine (Alesis SR-16). First, how do I create a MIDI file such as this in Fruity, and second, how do I send the MIDI signal to the drum machine (I have Serial-MIDI cable)? I know how to receive on the Drum Machine side, I'm just not sure how to send from the compy.

hi everyone - new to fruity loops and to the forums. i've had fruity loops 3.4 for a few days now and i have made ENORMOUS progress. 75% of my interest lies in hip hop, and about 25% lies in remixing video game themes. anyway, on to two questions - -

first off, if i have mp3's and/or wav's that i want to sample - they're excerpts from movies - how do i go about importing them into FL3.4 to add to a track?

secondly, about 70% of the time if i export my work to .mp3 format, no matter what settings i use, there's a slight fuzz sound in the background that i'm not sure how to get rid of.

thanks for any help.

-stoupe

I doubt this is a demo right?

Anyhoo... is there any fuzz while you are playing it in FruityLoops? Like as an flp? If there is, then use a compressor.

If not, are you playing it in Winamp, Musicmatch, (fill in any other program that gives you access to equalisers)? Make sure you got your EQ's are level and the volume set at or below 0 dB. This might remove clipping. I'm pretty sure this is the problem, because you eq to your liking in FruityLoops, but when you double the EQing you get distortion which is bad, it's like too much of a good thing.

In frutiy loops 4 onthe left side is the browser. I made a remix and i wanted to add some reverb but i dont knowhow to. In the browser right clicked reverb and clicked add to selected channel but it said somelike reeverb isent a insturment and the genterator something. So my main question is, how do i put reverb into my mixes?

(I don't know if this has changed from mine (i'm still on 3 :oops: )

The row of box's where you select your playlist, pattern editor, blah blah... There should be one box with the label FX on it.

now you should see a window with four boxes in it, on the left there is a series of arrows. Use the arrows to open a drop down menu, from which you can find a whole bunch of FX (including reverb) select the one you want and reverb will be added to your track.

If that makes any sense whatsoever congratulations.

Now for my 2 questions. How do you get different time signatures and things like that in FL, so far I can only get 44.

And how can you import MIDI's into fruity loops to edit them?

Do you use Studio... wait no you don't. You need Studio to do such time signature changes.

Okay, can you find the midi? If yes, the click on it, drag it a half a centimetre. A window will pop up. Click ok. A whole new swack of channels appear and they have these funny bars in them and lines too. And it looks pretty glossy too, as opposed to the higfhlighted buttons.

Hit Piano Roll (obviously you know where this is.) and now for the fun part, editing!