FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

I don't think that's what he means, Xelebes (although I could be wrong).

Flipside, I think what you want is just to right-click on the knob and press "Init with This Position" or something to that effect. Then it will stay at that level even after you press stop. Or perhaps you were recording once while you tweaked it, and then changed it back while it was not recording, so it always stays where you stopped it. Or maybe you just clicked "Init to This Position" by accident once... or maybe you were editing the events (right-click, Edit Events). This is where you can program the knob... if there's anything in there, you can Select All and Delete (if you want). But if there's nothing in there then "Init to This Position should do the trick.

Is there any way I can use FL as a real-time effects processor? For example, I've got my electric guitar going to the line-in port of my soundcard, and when I use some plugins, I can get a rather nice sound from it, but I have to record it before hand, load the WAV, and hope it sounds good when I apply the effects. I'd like to be able to hear it while I'm playing so I can quit and start over if something sounds bad without having to bring it in and audtion the whole thing.

Did you hit record?

Once out of record, did you hit play again?

If all else fails use automation (aka "Edit Events".) Accessing the knobs values, you'll need toright-click on the knob and Edit Events will come up. Now a graph shows up. It works on the principle of time (x) and position of knob (y). The integral (the area) is meaningless if you were wondering why it is shaded in like an area graph.

hey everyone, I've been listening to OC remixes for quite a few years and it makes me want to make my own remix. I've got my fruity loops 3.5 and the midi. I've tried to fool around with the program and figure out stuff, but its just way too confusing. I checked out the tutorial, but that itself was already confusing enough. I was wondering if any proficient FL users could help me out on how I should get started, or if there are any online manuals that people wrote up that may be easier to understand. I just need to know the basics first and from there I can use my knowledge of FL to find out more advanced functions. I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to ask here, but if you do, I'd be grateful if you could help me. Thanks.

*edit*: I was also wondering if it takes one to have experience in writing music or to have taken music theory or some stuff like that. I've been in our high school concert and marching band for 3 years(on my 4th) and I can read the music, only for clarinet though. Think it would still work out for me?

Check the links thread. A few tutorials and a few forums dedicated to FruityLoops beginner questions. Here is for more of the advanced questions, for people who are acquainted with the program. We tire ourselves trying to answer the noob questions.

Hey I have a quick question. I read through the first 15 pages, but grew impatient because I couldn't find it answered. If it's been answered already sorry for wasting time. But I've been recording with a generator (Filter) and I made a mistake that I only just picked up on. But I accidently recorded over the original track rather than a separate track for the generator. So now I can't simply delete the track.

How do you undo Generator recordings that you've made (on any track, separate or not) and how do you specifically get rid of it on the same track as the score without deleting it all and starting over? I tried recording over it, but it still went back to the original recording.

thats easy. What you gotta do is go to the knob you were editing, right click, and go to Edit something or other. it should bring up an area that looks similar to the piano roll, but it has waves/whatever that are shaded underneath where you were playing with it, you just have to hit "delete all" and you will keep your score and delete the recorded adjustments.

hi guys. i'm making a remix on fruity loops.i need to insert a guitar riff , but when i try to put sample from outside fruity loops samples, the sound is completly messed. so i've wondered if there could be available somewhere rock/metal soundpacks for Fruity loops? thanks for your help.

I have a question.

I was listening to one of the 3.56 demos (LogDrums something-or-other), and I noticed how it had an X-Y controller open. It was pretty easy to figure out what it did and how to use it. However, when I was working on my own remix and I put in an x-y controller as an effect for a particular pattern, it didn't seem to change the sound at all, regardless of the settings for the controller.

I suspect that the controller must be linked to another sort of effect, but I'm not sure how to do that. Could anyone offer some help on the subject?

I have a question.

I was listening to one of the 3.56 demos (LogDrums something-or-other), and I noticed how it had an X-Y controller open. It was pretty easy to figure out what it did and how to use it. However, when I was working on my own remix and I put in an x-y controller as an effect for a particular pattern, it didn't seem to change the sound at all, regardless of the settings for the controller.

I suspect that the controller must be linked to another sort of effect, but I'm not sure how to do that. Could anyone offer some help on the subject?

Well, you need to link whatever you want to change to the controller itself.

For example, right-click the channel's Cut knob, and click on "Link to controller..." A dialogue box should come up, with a section marked "Internal Controller." Just click on the little drop down menu to select which controller you want to use. X-Y usually has two options, the X axis and the Y axis.

You can basically link anything to a controller.

X-Y is a controller, not an actual effect, so it doesn't actually do anything to the sound; it just provides values that other effects use.

Hope that helps.

I am creating an electronic song, but am having trouble with the bass drum. As you guys know, electronica music sometimes has a powerful bass drum. Can you please inform of how to achieve a loud bass drum sound without the clipping? Also, should I look for percussion soundfonts or are there some decent ones in FL Studio (with some adjustments)?