FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

Search around hammersound.net man. This isn't a thread to find samples; it's a thread for help on how to use FL. Stop asking.

Dude, it's totally FL related. Some fonts don't work on this dumb thing.

Need specifics.

Thanks for nothing,

...ƒreid

Care to list which ones to help others?

Oh, and may I suggest you to use VSTis? You'll get fatter sounds out of them than with soundfonts. I'd only suggest soundfonts for more rock/jazz/orchestra based productions (but then I'd suggest you purchase Gigasampler when you have the money to purchase it.)

Oh, and may I suggest you to use VSTis? You'll get fatter sounds out of them than with soundfonts. I'd only suggest soundfonts for more rock/jazz/orchestra based productions (but then I'd suggest you purchase Gigasampler when you have the money to purchase it.)

I didn't plan on coming back here darn it...

Well, what VSTi's would you suggest I get? I grabbed that Crystal thing.

That kicks some arse, but anything else that's really good?

Thanks,

...ƒreid

I like these quite a bit:

http://www.novakill.com/killerz.htm

Though they REALLY put a processing strain on FL. I've got one project that uses three of these simultaneously and it pops and fizzles like a bastard.

Question: From what I've read about gigasampling, it sounds like it's just samples (.wav's)? Or is it something akin to soundfonts that may or may not be compatible with given software? Basically, does gigasampling work with FL?

I didn't plan on coming back here darn it...

Well, what VSTi's would you suggest I get? I grabbed that Crystal thing.

That kicks some arse, but anything else that's really good?

Thanks,

...ƒreid

Go to www.kvr-vst.com or its www.krv-vst.com i cant remember. Get dream kill and ninja they are great.

Really? You like the Killerz series? I personally hate them... they make some pretty cool sounds, but they're worth nothing to me in the mix.

I guess I could work harder to make them fit in, though.

If you already have Crystal, then I'd recommend... hey, aren't there already a few threads like this? Instead of doing my usual big synth list, I'll just tell you to check out Synth 1, SoloString, SuperWave P8, Lollapalooza (however you spell it), PhobiaStation, Rogue (those last two are related, but still very different), and Discovery (not free... but if any synth is worth paying for, Discovery is, IMO).

Arg...

Ok. Here's what I'm trying to do. I need to get *NOTATION* from several of my older songs. I've been trying to save the whole thing as a MIDI and open it up with my notator, and it gets as far as having the first three VST synths I'm using to show up, but it only has those 3 channels, with no notation. I'm using Cakewalk Music Creator 2002, btw, if that matters, and it's not just a FL problem. Should I ... should I just make a whole lot of MIDI Out's and copy the piano rolls onto them? Would that make it work? I mean... this is pretty important. I just hope I don't have to resort to just completely redoing everything by hand in the MIDI Notator.

So if anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate your help and input.

Here's a very simple question: How can I use a microphone to record audio in FL? I've tried what the instructions say, but when I go to the Mixer I am unable to select ANY Input Source. Help?

I'm gonna suggest you find other software. I never EVER trust Fruity to do such actions as that.

This is the suckiest part about FruityLoops apart from the recording from line in or whatever.

Here, I suggest using a notation software to implement them.... but... you can double click them. Set length to 12. For the off step note, set the starting note to start at 12 and lebth at 12 ticks. (All of these are in ticks, not in steps (which is the middle one) or bars (which is the number on the left... or the first number...)

You serious? I've been using other software but it has nowhere near as many options as FL has and recording everything in that and bringing it over to FL would be a fucking pain in the ass...

Other than suggesting I use something else, do you actually know how to do it in FL just so I can try it?

trust me... the results are better. Who cares if it is not all-in-one. At least you got some dedicated software there for recording material, which is more advisable than an all in one.

Just think of graphics. You use Maya to create 3D drawings, but I'd certainly hope you don't use it for capturing photos.

This is the suckiest part about FruityLoops apart from the recording from line in or whatever.

Here, I suggest using a notation software to implement them.... but... you can double click them. Set length to 12. For the off step note, set the starting note to start at 12 and lebth at 12 ticks. (All of these are in ticks, not in steps (which is the middle one) or bars (which is the number on the left... or the first number...)

Say again? Sorry, I couldn't follow your explaination.

Shadow's completely right and Xelebes is completely wrong in this case. The menu that you see in the image above is the Snap-To menu, and sets what note length FL sticks in by default when you draw a note into the piano roll. One step is 24 ticks, a 1/2 step (typically a 32nd note) is 12 ticks, and a 1/4 step (typically a 64th note) is 6 ticks. 128th notes, following suit, are 3 ticks.

I very very very very very very very rarely use the method of double-clicking on individual notes to fix their lengths. I mess with the Snap-To drop-down menu an average of 5123157628025 times in the making of each song.