FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

I'm trying to play live using soft synths through fruity loops. I've got everything configured and eqed up the way I want it. Now I've got two questions.

Firstly. In fruity loops would I be able to assign two separate MIDI controllers to two different parameters, say one keyboard for leads and noise machine and the other for pads. strings and choirs?

Secondly is there some way I could set up a shortcut on the typing keyboard that changes what instrument the controller is controlling at that point, for example, I want to change the lead keyboard from Lead 1 to Lead 2 so I press a on the keyboard.

In answer to your question, NoWave: probably. I have no idea. I do know that there are better solutions for live performance than FL, but if you're limited to FL, you could try looking it up in the FL forum if somebody here doesn't know.

Th1rdeye, just put the soundfont somewhere in the browser, and drag it onto the channel list with all the other synths/samples/soundfonts.

As for my own question: rendering each pattern separately. Normally, this could be done manually fairly easily, but several things complicate it for this case. The main thing being that FL is so bogged down I can barely do anything... which is the reason I want to render each pattern separately anyway, so I can import the heavy CPU patterns as samples. I can render each mixer track separately, but not only does that record a full song-length for each track, and is just completely different from rendering from each pattern, but it also doesn't adjust by the Master volume. Maybe it's a bad habit, but it's lowered significantly to reduce clipping, I mean, who cares if you have to turn it up, clipping is bad. So, when I render the mixer tracks, they come out all clipped up, since they didn't go through the Master track.

Is there any easy way to render to individual tracks? A macro or something, maybe? I've never made one before; could they do this? Or is there some other way that's worth while? Thanks.

I'm trying to play live using soft synths through fruity loops. I've got everything configured and eqed up the way I want it. Now I've got two questions.

Firstly. In fruity loops would I be able to assign two separate MIDI controllers to two different parameters, say one keyboard for leads and noise machine and the other for pads. strings and choirs?

Secondly is there some way I could set up a shortcut on the typing keyboard that changes what instrument the controller is controlling at that point, for example, I want to change the lead keyboard from Lead 1 to Lead 2 so I press a on the keyboard.

I've heard the best software to do live things with is Ableton's Live. Don't ask me as I have not tried it, but I do hear it is quite better to do what you want to do.

AS to have two midi controllers going at once, unless you have the USB 2x2 (which I think can recieve two USB/MIDI sources) there is no way.

As for the shortcuts, unlike ReBirth which I know you can control the patterns by the QWERTY keyboard, the best bet is to try and use a tertiary midi device to control this.

I have a question about FL Studio. I had FL 3.56 but I upgraded to FL Studio. When I load a sample into a channel or enter new notes on piano roll, I notice there is a delay. In FL 3.56 there was no delay.

Is there any way to get rid of this delay? Or is it some sort of bug?

I just download the fruity loops 4 demo. When i opened up a song i couldent hear anything. So i went to the help and it said for audio select a directsound driver that has DS on the ending or one that has AS. None of my options have those all i have is primary sound driver and sound blaster PCI 16 bit or something like that. And midi dosent work eather. HOw do i fix this?