FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

Heeey, my skin's there :)http://djbb.dk/floops/board/index.php?s=6d3bcc7cec62b70e55e2c48d2a9593d6&showtopic=292 Nobody likes it though :(

Problem solved, thanks to Xelebes!

Apparently the Dashboard DOES have a use.

They wouldn't have a dashboard competition if it was totally useless...

http://forum.e-officedirect.com/forum.exe?ForumName=FLStudio_dashboard

That's you? Cool. Of course, it makes perfect sense when you don't scroll past people's sigs ...

I tried out your skin on my laptop yesterday, and I thought it was pretty neat, although I wouldn't mind seeing a finished version.

Just check that thread every now and then, and I'm pretty sure you'll eventually see it completed.

And to not utterly waste this post...

Anyone had problems with mp3-encoding? For some reason the mp3's come out longer than the actual project. Everything else's just fine, it just keeps adding a long silence to the end of each mp3 and then I'll have to manually cut it down :?

Ok...then. um...

How about the best one?

I just recieved $50 from a bet I made on the SuperBowl 38 and I'm getting some more from my sis since she borrowed some $$$$ off of me and I am getting at least 30% interest.

And since it's in US, how 'bout in Buffalo? (The closest US city near me)

Information about buying FL is available at http://www.flstudio.com/

They break down exactly what you get for the edition you buy. I use the Fruity Loops edition of FLStudio, and I find it suits my needs just fine. I paid $99 for it, and $35 for the soundfont plugin, because I'm more of a sample guy than a synth guy.

All of my mixes here at OC are done with FLStudio Fruity Loops Edition and a collection of soundfonts, if you want an indication of what just that can accomplish.

I'd recommend that if you're just starting out and don't want to fork over the full price for the entire full Producer edition of FLStudio, at least get the FruityLoops edtion, because that has the piano roll, which is absolutely indespensible.

I have a problem with FL 3.5.6

Whenever I open a MIDI file I cant hear it. And my MIDI settings are something like this:

Remote Control Input:

-none

Master Sync Output:

-Microsoft MIDI Mapper

-Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

I'm new to the remixing game (but not the music one), and have a dilemma.

If I'm proficient with a sequencer like cakewalk, do you think I can get away with FL express (that is, no piano roll)? If I were to buy the program, I'd also need the soundfont player, and I'm not really prepared to dish out $130 for a new hobby. Taking that $50 off makes it more palatable though.

Thanks.

You can use FruityLoops to make the drum loops you will need but you will be greatly hampered when it comes to writing melodies in FL. If you have another program that can do it, then great. If you ant to go rfor a free way out, may I suggest Modplug Tracker or Buzz Tracker.

If I'm proficient with a sequencer like cakewalk, do you think I can get away with FL express (that is, no piano roll)? If I were to buy the program, I'd also need the soundfont player, and I'm not really prepared to dish out $130 for a new hobby. Taking that $50 off makes it more palatable though.

Thanks.

Let me give you a little hint. Get the demo of fruity loops. I know you thinking i cant save but your wrong. Say you started a mix and you wanted to save it take each channel and copy it to a midi out channel. Then delete all of the other channles but leave the midi out. Then go to file-export-to midi. Then when you want to work on it some more open up the midi. When you are done and you think its time to add some good insturments. Dont use the vsts that fruity loops came with.(Vst are the things that create the sound ex:sim synth, plucked, etc). Download some new ones. The defult fruity loops vsts arent that great eather. Once you have all of you sounds made. Just export the song to mp3 and BAM. You got your self a mix.

Avete!

I got FL Studio FruityLoops Edition and by now am able to work out things. What I really need are good samples or whatever. Some good strings and a nice overdriven guitar, good organs etc.

The samples given are not that crappy, but to make songs that sound better than MIDI you need good instruments. Does anyone know what to do? Where to get good WAV-Samples? And - how can I use soundfonts with fruityloops?

Thank you!

Salve!

Thanks.

Let me give you a little hint. Get the demo of fruity loops. I know you thinking i cant save but your wrong. Say you started a mix and you wanted to save it take each channel and copy it to a midi out channel. Then delete all of the other channles but leave the midi out. Then go to file-export-to midi. Then when you want to work on it some more open up the midi. When you are done and you think its time to add some good insturments. Dont use the vsts that fruity loops came with.(Vst are the things that create the sound ex:sim synth, plucked, etc). Download some new ones. The defult fruity loops vsts arent that great eather. Once you have all of you sounds made. Just export the song to mp3 and BAM. You got your self a mix.

The default Fruity synths are not VST's. They're native Fruity format. Anyway, I think if you have the demo, it's a better idea just to keep it open than to try to work without automationa and synths and tweaking until the end...

Anyway,

You can use FruityLoops to make the drum loops you will need but you will be greatly hampered when it comes to writing melodies in FL. If you have another program that can do it, then great. If you ant to go rfor a free way out, may I suggest Modplug Tracker or Buzz Tracker.

PSYCLE

:mrgreen:

I have a problem with FL 3.5.6

Whenever I open a MIDI file I cant hear it. And my MIDI settings are something like this:

Remote Control Input:

-none

Master Sync Output:

-Microsoft MIDI Mapper

-Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth

The easiest way is to open an instance of Fruity LSD in the mixer, and set the port on it to the same port as the MIDI channels are on (or vice versa). That will give you instant MIDI output.

I got FL Studio FruityLoops Edition and by now am able to work out things. What I really need are good samples or whatever. Some good strings and a nice overdriven guitar, good organs etc. ... Does anyone know what to do? Where to get good WAV-Samples? And - how can I use soundfonts with fruityloops?

There's a lot of websites dedicated to samples, and there's quite a few in the Links section of this site. As for soundfonts, you can either use FL's soundfont player (Menu>Channels>Add one>Fruity Soundfont Player), which will only function as a demo unless you register it (FL will warn you when you save that it will delete the demo channels when it saves), or you can look for a VSTi soundfont player. There's many around, some cheap as free (although it's my experience with soundfont players that you get what you pay for), and you can search for them on KVR-VST.

MusicManEric & Dj ZeR0: You might not think it, but the ability to save your projects in FL is much more useful and convenient than it sounds. You can continue the MIDI thing if that works for you, but the full version will make your life easier.

That's odd ... Try right-clicking (adding the repeat sign) on the bar number in the playlist one after the last pattern. If you play the whole song, FL automatically stops if there's no pattern data after the repeat sign. So, on the mixdown, FL should cut the tune off at that point. On a side note, that's useful if you want to extend the tune past the final pattern for any reason (eg. to contain reverb tails etc).

I've gone through the whole advanced tutorial on the Peak Controller. However, when I go to implement my own peak controller and assign it to, lets say, the pan controller of the sample I am using, no sound comes out.

I remember something about having to add a sample or instrument so the peak controller could audiblize, but, I am still very confused on it. Does anyone have a quick detailed process on how I can fix this problem (it also happens with the Bass Boost effect)?

Thanks in advance