FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

Alright, I picked up sfz--but I'll have to try it out when I have time. Also, I'm well aware of the problems with the Express version. I mean to update to a better version of FL anyway; I just never knew how soon that would be. And I haven't had much time to examine all the pages in this thread.

Savior, did you buy all the extra plugins? Because you have to pay for a lot of the extra stuff like SFPlayer, Wasp, and Sytrus. If you did, go to FLStudio.com and post your problem there; they'll help you get it sorted out.

If you haven't paid for it, then don't used the plugins, find alternatives, or buy the ones you want to use.

I'm just using the soundfonts that are in the Compiled Links Guide - Great for Beginners Sounfonts section. That's ALL I used to make a song, and it says they are demos. I don't know wtf is going on. It's fucking driving me insane.

Savior, did you buy all the extra plugins? Because you have to pay for a lot of the extra stuff like SFPlayer, Wasp, and Sytrus. If you did, go to FLStudio.com and post your problem there; they'll help you get it sorted out.

If you haven't paid for it, then don't used the plugins, find alternatives, or buy the ones you want to use.

I'm just using the soundfonts that are in the Compiled Links Guide - Great for Beginners Sounfonts section. That's ALL I used to make a song, and it says they are demos. I don't know wtf is going on. It's fucking driving me insane.

... :?

Okay, here's the deal. Those soundfonts are free. Yes. This is true.

HOWEVER

The Fruity Soundfont Player plugin for FLStudio is not free.

You have to pay for the plug-ins in FLStudio. It does not matter if the sample you have is free. If the SAMPLER is demo (i.e. Fruity Soundfont Player), then FLStudio won't save it.

Wow, I still have to search through this whole thread, it's so big! 8O8O

But, I just had a quick question - don't have my keyboard controller yet (took 9 years of piano so I think I'll be able to do more dmg with a controller) so I was messing around with knobs (I am teh "knob newb!") and was wondering: How would I record my actions on the knobs? For example, right now I'm playing the "duda_drumsynth" loop that comes with the demo in the "cool stuff" folder, and I'm on the controls for the "3x funk" in the "INS" menu. I'm twisting the "ATT" knob (attack?) which, when dialed in to the left, will cause a guitar-strum sound. When dialed to the right, this will cut out completely. I was just messing around and find I can create some interesting rhythms by twisting the knob in time with certain beats of the loop. So how would I go about recording these actions as though I were playing that "live?" Or, would I have to find some way to program this into the pattern. I find that when I do this with various loops I create, usually the rhythm I create over them by twisting knobs runs longer than the length of one loop.

-speculative

Using the record button you can automate knobs. Or, for even more complex patterns, you can use an event editor. Using FruityLoops plugins, just right-click on a knob and menu appears. Select Edit Events. The graph before you is an x:y graph where the x axis is time and the y axis is the responding variable.

Can't wait for the FAQ to be compiled here.

I have a stupid question. How do you add reverb to percussion instruments? Like- I know how to add reverb to say strings etc, but not percussion. SO. Can anyone help me here? Because, I love the squidfont orchestral percussion kit, but there is hardly any reverb, so i need to add some, but when i raise the little R bar, nothing happens, nothing changes. Help.

R is not Reverb. R is the "Release" stage of an envelope; the higher the R, the longer the note will continue after you release it, slowly decreasing in volume.

Reverb is another thing entirely. For that, I would suggest looking at the basic help, like DarkeSword said, because it's not the type of question that anybody feels like answering (It's like answering "How do I put a note on the PlayList?" but it takes a lot longer to answer :P).

Alright. Check it out. I'm going to teach you how to use effects.

Pay attention.

When you open a channel window, look at the upper right corner of the window and you'll see a small box with a digital display in it. You can click and drag this box up or down to change the number inside. The number inside corresponds to an FX Channel. All the sound from your Generator Channel (ex. the soundfont player) will go through that FX Channel.

Now press F9.

A window will pop up. This is the mixer. Select the FX Channel you set your generator to. Notice the drop down menus in the bottom half of the window. Click on the arrow button and go to Select.

NOW YOU CAN ADD EFFECTS!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Fruity Reverb is one of the effects.

Enjoy, and try not to overdo the effects. 8)

_______

Note to everyone:

A lot of this kind of information can be easily found in FruityLoops help files and user guides. Your best bet to learn how to do stuff in FruityLoops is to check out the help file. I don't mind helping people out at all; I just gave a pretty detailed overview of what to do; however, this question concerns one of the most BASIC aspects of FruityLoops. It's like asking "How do I use the playlist?"

Please check out the helpfiles. They have search functions. Help yourself. If you really have a problem doing something in FL, post here; we'll be GLAD help you out; but please, don't just decide that you're too lazy to find things yourself, and post here expecting answers to really basic questions.

Thanks. :)

djcubez's Dictionary

Reverb - Reverb is an effect you can add to your song. What is basically does is simulates the echo of a room. Reverb is made by taking a basic delay and repeating it over and over again in a succession that happens in milliseconds.

Disclaimer

- djcubez may not be right, this Dictionary is built up of what djcubez has learned himself from other musicians and/or books -