FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

to make a fadeout right-click the main volume control, and go edit events or something. then scroll further to the bar where the music finishes, and right-click-and-drag from the top-left corner of the last bar to the botto-right corner.

I hope that wasn't too vague or illegible...

I'm sorry for all the questions i've been making on this thread, but I am trying hard to understand this effin program, AND I have a few extra questions. :lol:

1. What is automation, and how do I use it. and

2. How do I use the event editor.

If anyone knows where to find a couple in depth tutorials on this topic, that will definitatly be sufficient. Thanks! :wink:

P.S. Sorry if this was awnsered before in this thread, but there's 85 pages to read thru, and The Feimeister is very busy. :wink:

I'll give you the noobified answer, because I'm still learning everything FL. And it sucks cause I had to teach myself everything...

Automation is predetermined control of the various knobs and switches and effects. You can either do things like record the actions you perform with the record button, or you can edit the events of each and every action with a pretty basic editor, which is the event editor.

You use a graph-like interface to control things like knobs. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

How to use automation has been described lots of times, but I'll try to do it again.

Automation, controls knob/button/slider changes, meaning, say, if you wanted the volume to change by itself halfway through the song, you go into its autmation and make it do that. The event editor is the editor for an automation track. If you make a 8 bar song, then go into the event editor for the main volume, and scroll to bar 4 and draw something in (obviously higher is higher and lower is lower), then play the song, the volume will change halfway through.

If your song had two instruments, and then went into edit events for the volume knob of one instrument, and made the same change, then only the volume of that instrument would change, instead of the whole song.

I thought there was a tutorial for this in projects>tutorials, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore... hmmm...

EDIT: AAAARGH!!!! I just spent like seven minutes typing this, (I type slowly... sue me) and then someone else gets there first, and says the same with about a third of the stuff I wrote.

Just got a chance to play with the event editor, and really it's less scary than it looks (although I haven't mastered it yet). Oh ya, and how do you EQ in fruity. Maybe I just don't understand EQ, but any info I can soak up will help make my mixes BEARABLE, to say the least. Have mercy on my wretched soul! :wink:

If you just want to eq the whole song, go to the effects panel, and in the master track, add a fruity 7-band EQ or something of the sort. To add an effect, click the little arrow next to a slot.

if it's one instrument you want to EQ, give the instrument its own effects channel, (click on the instrument in the step sequencer, and in the top-right corner of the channel properties you can change it) then in the effects panel go to whatever channel you gave the instrument and add a EQ effect.

Hope that was clear enough.

EDIT: AAAARGH!!!! I just spent like seven minutes typing this, (I type slowly... sue me) and then someone else gets there first, and says the same with about a third of the stuff I wrote.

Hahaha. Marg>Nemba.

Here's some useful EQing stuff.

But I suck at EQ. That's one of the reasons that I will never get an ocremix to pass here...

http://www.sectionz.com/home_detail.asp?SZID=257

Now I have a question, though it's more technical than how to use FL, whenever I open up FL, I get an error:

"Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000." but it doesn't seem to affect anything though. Has anyone experienced a similar error or know why this might happen?

Everytime I load a MIDI from a game or something...it makes channels, but when i go to play the pattern, or the song, no sound comes out of them. What's wrong with it? My friend used one of the same MIDI's I used, and it worked fine for him, and I tried to change options and everything, but still no sound.

Everytime I load a MIDI from a game or something...it makes channels, but when i go to play the pattern, or the song, no sound comes out of them. What's wrong with it? My friend used one of the same MIDI's I used, and it worked fine for him, and I tried to change options and everything, but still no sound.

This has been answered like fivehundredmillionbillion times.

Go into the FX panel, and add a Fruity LSD, and set the channel to 0, or whatever channel all those MIDI out's are set to.

Sorry for the fouble post folks, but this sorta belongs in another post.

I just got Antares AutoTune and Kantos VST plugins.

I'm having a problem with both.

AutoTune won't show up on my channel list when I go to add a VST plugin. I rebooted, re-entered the registry key and everything.

Kantos shows up, but I get an error message saying it can't be loaded into an effect channel.

*UPDATE* now neither shows up inside FL.

Help?

2 New Problems: Sound too slow, and FL can't play

When I click in Piano Roll on a note, it needs a time before FL plays that note.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with that problem, but this problem began on the same time: When I click play, FL doesn't play the song. The only thing that chances is in the place of the '|>' there comes a '...'

does anyone know these problems?

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just something I've noticed.

I've noticed that not only are people asking questions that have already been asked and answered within, say, the last 5 pages (I dare you to count the number of times "Fruity LSD" has been mentioned within the last 5-6 pages in response to people asking the same questions), but many of them are also explained in the manual. For instance, everything I could ever want to know about automation is only a scroll down the left frame. It tells me what automation is, how I use it, all about the event editor, live recording from MIDI sources ... Sure, if you didn't know how to make the controls move on their own during playback and what that was called, you could ask, but it'd helpful if people would respond by saying "it's called automation. Check in the manual, and if you need any more help, just ask" or something along those lines. We shouldn't have to explain something that you could quite easily find out for yourself once you know what you're looking for.

In short, please check the manual first, and use this forum's search function to look for answers before posting new questions! It makes us regulars a much happier bunch to deal with :)

Okay - half these don't work! Did someone purge the threads, or did they just kinda die form inactivity and now they dont exist? I wanted to use them for info - whats goin on?

:twisted: