FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

fl.jpg

Like this- how do I open the actual plugin window?

Hm.. that's very odd. It SHOULD open in a fruity wrapper. Did you try increasing your resolution to 1024x768? FL had problems with lower resolutions. Also, how are you adding the plugin? You should make a Fruity Wrapper channel, then find the plugin on the list, generally.

I also have a rather basic question for FL users here: is the order in which you load effects in a mixer channel the order in which the effects are processed? Or is there a preset order (ie. all EQs come before all compressors which come before all reverbs)?

...hahah, zircon. That's a pretty silly question, imo. Why would the sequencer have any idea what type of effect the plugin is? Yes, it runs through the effects in the order they appear, top to bottom. And that's a pretty important fact, as well... you could have been able to figure it out just from the fact that there are now "move up/down" commands for the effects.

...hahah, zircon. That's a pretty silly question, imo. Why would the sequencer have any idea what type of effect the plugin is? Yes, it runs through the effects in the order they appear, top to bottom. And that's a pretty important fact, as well... you could have been able to figure it out just from the fact that there are now "move up/down" commands for the effects.

I was more thinking the FL effects, as FL treats its own plugins differently (ie. you can slide with FL plugins but not other plugins). You never know.

Did you buy it? Pirated versions I hear have that problem, one of the main reasons being is that the program you actually get is a beta. So did you really buy the software?

No, it's not that it's a beta. I've never heard that one before. It is, however, that pirated versions of FL tend to be missing samples found in the demo projects. I know because it happened to me when I tried to pirate it (for the record I actually did buy the producer edition).

i still dont get it... i innadvertently fixed this problem for someone once. or am i full of it, and just confused, and or dont know wtf im talking about...

fl.jpg

Like this- how do I open the actual plugin window?

Hm.. that's very odd. It SHOULD open in a fruity wrapper. Did you try increasing your resolution to 1024x768? FL had problems with lower resolutions. Also, how are you adding the plugin? You should make a Fruity Wrapper channel, then find the plugin on the list, generally.

I also have a rather basic question for FL users here: is the order in which you load effects in a mixer channel the order in which the effects are processed? Or is there a preset order (ie. all EQs come before all compressors which come before all reverbs)?

Hm. Thanks, I'll try that.

Yeah, so my brother decided to use my computer, and deleted the cookies to reduce the amount of files on the hard disk. The problem is, that I now dont have acess to the site anymore, even though I paid for the producer edition a few days ago. Is there any way for me to log back into the site, so I can download the samples at sample fusion, and use the fourms and stuff?

Yeah, so my brother decided to use my computer, and deleted the cookies to reduce the amount of files on the hard disk. The problem is, that I now dont have acess to the site anymore, even though I paid for the producer edition a few days ago. Is there any way for me to log back into the site, so I can download the samples at sample fusion, and use the fourms and stuff?

Do you still have the email they sent you with the username and password? If not, you're screwed. If you do, submit them again (it's under "My FL studio" at the site) and you'll be logged in again.

EDIT: I'd suggest printing about 5 copies of the username and password if you tend to lose things, so that you don't lose it.

Hi there,

Ok, i'm running a VST which requires me to use MIDIout's to represent instruments. Can i set an effects channel for just one of these midi outs? because at the moment i am forced to give the whole vst an effects channel.

thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean. What kind of VST is this? Most VSTs simply generate sound through the fruity wrapper.. in fact, every VSTi I've used does that. However, regardless of what VST you're using, you definitely can't set any effects on a MIDI Out channel.

Hi there,

Ok, i'm running a VST which requires me to use MIDIout's to represent instruments. Can i set an effects channel for just one of these midi outs? because at the moment i am forced to give the whole vst an effects channel.

thanks!

you can apply effects after the vsti in your mixer...which is what i believe you are saying. they still work properly.

Yes, it mostly certainly is the order in which the effects are processed.

This only happens on MIDI Out/Fruity LSD and not the standard or external plugins? Is this "delay" still present after you export the MIDI? If you've done anything to the MIDI settings in the system settings screen, reset everything in there. Turn off everything, set the outputs and inputs to none or generic controller, reset all the port numbers and MIDI channels, and set output board mapping to Microsoft MIDI Mapper. Also, try changing the buffer length under audio settings. What you've described could also be the result of other software you're running outside FL at the same time accepting FL's MIDI signals, so if you've got anything else running that could be doing it, try turning it off. Otherwise, I don't know. Care to share what you've already tried? Your speaker set up, perhaps?

I'm sory, but I don't have time to read through all the 99 pages, but is there a music writing faq? Something to help me write music would be nice.

Many years from now, me and my buddy plan to do a Remixing help video series, but we need to learn to remix ourselves first. I got FL, and Hypersonic, and I've been messing around with it, getting to know the program.

Any music composing/arranging help would be appreiciated.

Unfortunate problems ahead: I've been trying to get a phat sound by layering some synths, but it makes it helluva lot harder to automate anything. I have to copy the automation several times and using VSTi-plugs isn't making it any easier (curse you Superwave p8 and your filters!)

I've tried linking all the knobs to an external controller, such as the Peak Controller and Formula Controller, but apparently it can be only linked to one knob at a time.

Anybody know a way around this?

Unfortunate problems ahead: I've been trying to get a phat sound by layering some synths, but it makes it helluva lot harder to automate anything. I have to copy the automation several times and using VSTi-plugs isn't making it any easier (curse you Superwave p8 and your filters!)

I've tried linking all the knobs to an external controller, such as the Peak Controller and Formula Controller, but apparently it can be only linked to one knob at a time.

Can't you use the Layer tool?

Can't you use the Layer tool?

Yeah, I use the Layer, but the problem is that I need to use the specific filters that come with the synth. The one on Layer isn't gonna do the job.

Hi, I have a question about FL... I wouldn't consider myself a newbie at FL, but I'm definitely not skilled with it. I know how to use the piano roll, step sequencer, some of the VSTs (though most of the ones I use are non-FL VSTs), and a bunch of other stuff. I've been messing around with FL for about 2 years now, with some help from a bunch of people I know, but one thing I've been struggling with is learning how to make a single note get softer. I'm guessing it has to do with automation, but I don't know how to use automation, in fact, I have no clue what it is other than it's name (and the name's definition). Apparently automation goes in a seperate pattern, but I don't even know where to begin. I read somewhere in here that it has to do with using the record button, but that seems very full of flaws, such as if you are recording and your mouse has some reaction problems (your mouse gets caught, whether it be trackball or optical) then it will mess up. Can anyone explain to me exactly how to use automation in FL?

Thanks.

I wanted a note to fade... I just figured out how to use the Event Editor, but I have one question... Are the events saved with your flp file, or do you need to save them seperately (I was reading the help file that comes with FL Studio 4), and it was talking about loading and saving events as .FSC files...

They are saved with your flp file. If you want to have a single note fade, then yeah, trigger a secondary pattern with the events desired.

Recommended: For ease, insert a pattern right after the instrument's part (pattern) by selecting the pattern right after the intrument's pattern and hit Ctrl+Shift+Ins. This adds a pattern and now you can sequence the automation as desired using that loop.