FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

Another quick question for you guys, I downloaded a few soundfonts from hammersound.net, but i'm having trouble finding them. I put them in a specific folder and when I open that folder up in FL5, the fonts don't come up. Are they the wrong type of file and need to be converted or do i need to put them in a specific place?

sorry for another question, but i've read the manual and help files and still don't get it. how do i record in FL5 Producer (mic in/line in)? From what i understand, i need to set my card from the mixer (in/out), click the disk in the lower right corner (turns it orange), check settings under file>disk recording, and press play while the record button is down? I get the metronome, but i don't think it records. do i need to set up an audio track somehow? how can i acheive this? finally, will i be able to see the waveform from the step sequencer? Thanks very much.

chillsonic: What soundcard, and are you running FL using the drivers for the card or just the standard DirectX drivers? Check under settings>audio options.

If you don't have any specific card try using something like ASIO4ALL or KX. From there you should just be able to record from whatever inputs you already have on your computer. You've got everything else right, though.

st3v3n: Tried using the forum search function or checking the help file?

file>import>midi file. Wasn't that hard, was it?

how can i get the sound of that really sorta "gooey" bass?

the one amievil uses, its in alot of songs

or more specifically, the one in mcvaffe's darkness and light that comes in a bit before 1:30, the bass in mcvaffes song also sounds alot like the one in 'the missed symphony' by infected mushroom

anyways, yea, how can i get that?

OK...stupid qustion for an easy answer...How do you import MP3 files in FL? Everyone's saying you can now load them but I not seeing it. Can someone please tell me how?

well you can.. just make a channel for an audio clip, go to the channel settings and open any mp3 sound you want.. another (more) easy way to do it, is to enter your playlist and go down below in the part where the automation clips 'and' the audiotracks are visible.. just klik in there and you will be able to open any mp3 once again! :D

hope you understand..

I'm having a very strange problem, hopefully someone here knows what to do about it.

I'm trying to load in a .wav sample of my guitar into a project, but whenever I try to play it inside fruity loops, all I get are these weird farting-type sounds. I tried messing around with a ton of different settings but nothing really changed anything. It's really weird cause I already have two samples of guitar in this mix and I pretty sure I didn't have this problem with those.

The wav file sounds fine when played through any normal player, it's just inside fruity loops that it gets all messed up. Any help is appreciated.

I'm working on a medley right now, and that means there are going to be tempo changes throughout the piece. I was wondering how to change the tempo within a song, for example let's say I want an 8 bar intro at 88 bpm, but then I want bars 9-16 at 103 bpm - how do I do that/can I do that? Thanks.

Right click on the tempo display, and hit "Edit Events". Then click at the points where you want the tempo to change and set the tempo to what you want. Unless it's at a 'breaking point' in the song you probably want to gradually increase the tempo throughout about the second half of measure 8 or the first half of measure 9, so right click and drag to 'draw' a line going from 88 to 103 for a smooth transition.

fl1.jpg

I'm trying to load in a .wav sample of my guitar into a project, but whenever I try to play it inside fruity loops, all I get are these weird farting-type sounds...

perhaps your guitar sample wasn't recorded or exported the same way as the others. if i'm not mistaken fl/fls only support 44mhz/16 bit wavs. you should check that out.

I'm trying to load in a .wav sample of my guitar into a project, but whenever I try to play it inside fruity loops, all I get are these weird farting-type sounds...

perhaps your guitar sample wasn't recorded or exported the same way as the others. if i'm not mistaken fl/fls only support 44mhz/16 bit wavs. you should check that out.

how are you telling it to play? if you have a thing in the piano roll, put it at C5, else it will slow it down and beat it into the lower pitch. that could cause it.

how are you telling it to play? if you have a thing in the piano roll, put it at C5, else it will slow it down and beat it into the lower pitch. that could cause it.

Thanks for the help, both of you. It seems I had it sampled too high. I was trying to use 32-bit depth and FL really didn't like it. I took it down to 24-bit and it's working fine now.

I'm using FL Studio 4.1 Producer Edition, and I'm having some trouble. It seems that, while I'm working on things, the program just likes to suddenly start chewing up my CPU resources. It has nothing to do with what I'm doing at the time. I could just open FL Studio up with no particular project and let it sit there and do nothing, and without fail in a few minutes it'll be tearing up the CPU. What's weird is that it isn't some gradual thing over that time period. Instead, it's quite fine for that whole time, only using under 10% inactively, and maybe between 10 and 20% when I'm actually doing stuff. And then WHAMMO it suddenly jumps to 90% or more and stays there, and all of the sounds just go right to shit. I generally have to turn it off and then back on again. And while that worked for a while, now I have a 180MB soundfont that takes forever to load, so I don't want to do that anymore.

Any idea as to what I can do to fix this? It's a total pain in the ass.

Ok, I'm going in from my keyboard to FL, trying to record something, but I want the velocities to be half of what they are coming in. I can do this AFTER i record but is there a way to record with half velocity on all notes? I've been turning the channel volume down to half while recording, but it's not the same because the soundfont's got different sound at lower velocities.