FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

Has anyone experienced their patterns still playing after you end them?

Lets say I have a pattern named Snare. When i play the song Snare doesn't end. It goes on forever. I have the same problem with pads. How the hell do I stop it?

yeah, you've got to make sure no notes go past the measure you want your pattern to end at...sometimes it might not even be close, but just turn the 'snap to grid' to 'none' and tweak that shit as close as you can get it without it sounding like it cuts off before the measure ends...sometimes it can be a pain. also make sure you have no automated events going past the last measure...i dunno if this can cause the same problem but maybe? bleh

sometimes it can be a pain

There is a quick quantize feature, you know.

However, using "snap to none" renders the Quick Quantize generally useless. Snap to Line is generally preferred.

(HINT: on the piano roll window at the top left, there is a button. Click it and discover a whole mess of functions. "Quick Quantize" plus "Quantize" is under "Tools.")

Nope.

The way the sampler works is that it pitches the sample correctly by stretching the waveform.

You can try the Granulizer, which fixes this, however high or low notes still have their own set of problems [you will hear this].

The best bet is, since you're probably using an instrument, and not vocals or sound effects, try to find a soundfont instead. Those (can be) multisampled and use different samples recorded in different ranges.

I've noticed that every note is +100 cents different than note before it, so is there a way to make that range different (i.e. every note is +20) or do I need to change with a knob manually for ewvery note? Also can I make slides (or Misc->Polyphonly->Slide) change +20 or -30 cents?

Well, I have exactly 1 wav, 1 vst and 4 soundfonts running. I've got also 10 fx in their racks, using only emule and that's draining 95% of my pc, you think that's normal?

In Audio Settings I've got "Use Polling" checked, and the DirectDrive bar is full to the right. Sample Rate 44.100 and linear interpolation.

Hehe I run FL Studio with a Pentium II 300 Mhz & 192 MB RAM .. :wink: I got like the oldest pc in the history (its 8 years old) .. And still I can create some acceptable sounds .. I create far better hiphop sounds than my friends who al have 2.0 Ghz. or more LoL, :P Just visite my soundclick to find out :wink:

** Sorry for being offtopic just wanted to spit it out :wink: ..

Hi, I'm sorry, I know I am not supposed to post quetions that have already been asked (I'm sure this one has), but I need answers and I can't read 134 pages :(

How do I import a song to later remix in fruity loops, and if I don't have a keyboard or anything to input my own stuff, do I just use there little samples and packs?

Thanks to anyone who replies to this :?

You can import midi files with the "Open..." option that's under "File" in Floops :D. You can also import other file types like zips or floops saves,etc. but the import process is just the same...

If you want to import wav or mp3 files just go to "Channels"->"Add one..."-->"Sampler". Then click on the sampler channel and click where the "none" is, now you can import it.

I wouldn't mind using the floops samples but with the time you'll definetly want to download some vsts (virtual instruments, which most have great quality), soundfonts and the sort. For that, I recommend you read the tutorials and find some useful links under the remixing menu in OC.

thanks alot :D

I have used all sorts of video editing programs, but this is very complicated :oops: . I am impressed at all of you that can use it :lol:

I have another question... when I import a song, it won't allow me to play all of it. it repeats over and over for some reason... How do I lengthen the timeline thing?

thanks alot for your help :wink:

If I have a sampled beat that is something like "kick kick snare hat" is there a way by using cut/cut by or similar that doesn't inculade automating (like automating volume) and avoiding slicer?

after some deciphering...

why wouldn't you use the slicer? i guess i don't understand why you DON"T want to use the best drumtool in Fruity. if you don't want to use it, get a wave editor like Audacity and chop it yourself into pieces. thats the best way.

why would you automate volume to slice something?