FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

I asked for other way cuz I like using the Time multiplicator and stretching (in sampler) on the whole beat when adjusting tempo rather then using slicer (still a noob) when adjusting tempo... Slicer tutorial anyone?

easy. one of the things that is included is a tutorial on the slicer. look around in your fruity directory to see where it s to open it up. it explains everything - its not as complicated as it looks.

How can I make it so that I can playback midis and record without having a keyboard?

Set your midi device by hitting F10. There's a long list of devices. Set your preferred device to port 0. Then go to the "options" on the main toolbar, and go down to "Enable MIDI output." This boggled me for the longest time until I realized you had to enable MIDI output with that :D

P.S. why would you need to record without having a keyboard? You can use your TYPING keyboard if you want, but it's not exactly designed for that sort of thing, plus it lags quite a bit more than USB or MIDI :?

what?

Look, I have a first note that is 12 steps long, and starts on the 1st step. 2nd note, 4 steps long, starts on 4rd step. I use FL preset sound Strings->STR_GTF_C1 (non looped bass sample with a slow decay). When I play that track with Cut Itself ON the 2nd note simply cuts the previous one and I only hear the 2nd note. When I turn OFF Cut Itself, 2nd note sums with the sound of the previous, making it all louder. So again I turn ON Cut Itself, but also I set my own ADSR setting in the Channel Setting->INS->VOL. I set min att, min hold, min dec, max sus, min rel (so sound is heard only during the duration of the note). When I play that track again, the sounds are summed (louder) and I hear the 1st note playing after the 2nd note. Is this more clearer now?

what?

Look, I have a first note that is 12 steps long, and starts on the 1st step. 2nd note, 4 steps long, starts on 4rd step. I use FL preset sound Strings->STR_GTF_C1 (non looped bass sample with a slow decay). When I play that track with Cut Itself ON the 2nd note simply cuts the previous one and I only hear the 2nd note. When I turn OFF Cut Itself, 2nd note sums with the sound of the previous, making it all louder. So again I turn ON Cut Itself, but also I set my own ADSR setting in the Channel Setting->INS->VOL. I set min att, min hold, min dec, max sus, min rel (so sound is heard only during the duration of the note). When I play that track again, the sounds are summed (louder) and I hear the 1st note playing after the 2nd note. Is this more clearer now?

OH. yeah, thats a lot better.

so you basically want two notes playing, and you want it to stay the same volume, right? don't use the asdr for something like this - its more for articulated passages and looped notes that have to be an exact length, like in padded stuff.

you're going to have to automate the volume on the whole thing to get it to stay one uniform volume. i'm not sure why you'd want to do that since it'll sound a little wierd - its not a natural sound to hear that, specially down low, but whatever. automation is the way to go - just edit events and set the channel volume at half of what it is now when it reaches that note, then pop it up back to normal at the end of the second note.

is that what you needed?

so you basically want two notes playing, and you want it to stay the same volume, right? don't use the asdr for something like this - its more for articulated passages and looped notes that have to be an exact length, like in padded stuff.

Yes that's one part of it. The other part was just my curiosity why does it work in that way :D

Tnx.

ok so, i was working on something in FL5, and all of the sudden error error cannot find blah blah/artwork/skins/ whatever.bmp

occasionally this happens...i was wondering if there is an easier way to fix this other than re-installing because i really don't feel like doing that...any suggestions? im a dummy and didn't back up the files last time this happened, boo.

ok, another question, this one is kind of weird

has anyone ever had problems involving wireless internet with fruityloops? this might just be a coincidence, but it seems like my wireless adapter shuts off after a minute or two in fruityloops, so i figure i'd throw it out there.

• 2 weeks later...