FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

I'd like to know if there is an effective way of rendering each channel to a .wav file..

Do I:

- have to render each channel seperately, by sweeping up my playlist and each time leaving only one channel at a time in?

- use the disk recording in the mixer?

- neither ?? :?

Help me out here..

Thnx in advance :wink: .. .

I don't have Fruity Loops but I am thinking of getting it. I am a newbie to producing and mixing so my questions probably sounds really stupid. First of all, do you need to know how to play any instruments to make a song? Are there interments you can use already in the software so you don't have to record anything? Second of all, do you think it is possible for someone who knows nothing (not even some of the language used in this thread) about the software to teach themselves how to make a song? I think making songs would be so much fun, but I don't want to waste money on something that I will never figure out how to use. I really hope that these questions don't sounds incredibly stupid. I don't know anything about this stuff. I would really appreciate some answers! :D

I don't have Fruity Loops but I am thinking of getting it. I am a newbie to producing and mixing so my questions probably sounds really stupid. First of all, do you need to know how to play any instruments to make a song? Are there interments you can use already in the software so you don't have to record anything? Second of all, do you think it is possible for someone who knows nothing (not even some of the language used in this thread) about the software to teach themselves how to make a song? I think making songs would be so much fun, but I don't want to waste money on something that I will never figure out how to use. I really hope that these questions don't sounds incredibly stupid. I don't know anything about this stuff. I would really appreciate some answers! :D

Okay, first of all, you might want to try reading through the "What software or hardware should I start out with?" Sticky. Really good info in there. Then I would recommend grabbing the FL studio demo, and try it out. If you do have any questions, try the help file first, then try searching around here, chances are somebody has already asked it. Having done all that, humbly ask for help in here =P. Good luck.

Thank you very much. I download the demo and just that alone answered pretty much all of my questions, however it made a new question arise. I can only make about a six-second loop. How can I make that longer? I asked somebody this and they told me to go to the playlist and draw it out. I went to the playlist but couldn't figure out how to "draw it out." :?:

Again, any help would be great!

Thank you very much. I download the demo and just that alone answered pretty much all of my questions, however it made a new question arise. I can only make about a six-second loop. How can I make that longer? I asked somebody this and they told me to go to the playlist and draw it out. I went to the playlist but couldn't figure out how to "draw it out." :?:

Again, any help would be great!

lol. make sure the playlist is the big grid...lol.

in making a loop, you create something called a pattern. using the playlist, you can arrange a bunch of these different patterns into a song by clicking them into the grid. the top has measure numbers, and the left has pattern numbers.

that make sense?

next time, search the thread, n00b.

Ok, I'm sorry I haven't looked through all 139 pages of this thread 8O , but I didn't quite have the time....what I was wondering is why, when you import a midi track into an instrument, does it go to different pitches, or change key?

Yes, I am a noob at remixing...but I plan to write many songs, and this seemed like the best place for support.

Is there a way to make the notes "snap" in piano roll? I'm getting the feeling that when I drag a note into its place it's the tiniest bit off. Also, is there an easy way to do triplets? I've basically just eyeballed it and click/drag to where it "sounds about right" but "about right" doesn't cut it.

Also, when I import samples I've used before in trackers, it is only picking up the sustain loop points instead of all loop points, leading to a lot of samples not sounding right which sounded fine in trackers.

Another easy one: When I import a MIDI, can I set each channel to use a sample from my HD instead of sending its signals to my midi controller?

The exact problem i predicted. You just need to loop the sample. If you click on the channel (ya know with the piano roll view next to it), it brings up the sampler. Simply click the "Use loop points button". If you want better results you can click the INS tab an the top of the sampler, and adjust the attack, realease, and all kind of other stuff.

How do I get soundfonts I'm using to save in fruityloops without me pirating / buying Fruity Soundfont Player?

Are there alternatives and, IF SO, could somebody lead me through a step by step progress on how to get them to work inside of FL studio?

Are there alternatives?

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/769.html

Download the sfz .dll into whatever VST directory you set for FL Studio. Then go to Channels > add > more

Refresh the list and sfz should show somewhere in red. Click the box next to it to add it to the list [it'll show up on the "add" dropdown menu now], then add sfz as a channel. You can load soundfonts this way.

It doesn't work quite as well as the FL Soundfont Player, but it gets the job done.