FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

okay, I downloaded a bunch of free soundfonts for my fruityloops full, but for some reason whenever I try to use soundfonts and then save my work, it alerts me that "some of the plugins you have used are demos" and it deletes all the channels with soundfonts before saving it. Is there something wrong with my FL, and is there a way around this other than changing the soundfont channels into other channels until I am ready to export?

i just want to say that i only made one remix using soundfonts without the sf player and i remember it was one of my best mixes to date but because when i saved and lost stuff i was left with just a snare channel that used a snare wav. I was very very very pissed off trust me. That was one of the worst days of my life i swear. You know those days when you get started on a song in the mornign and you just get hooked and you dont finish until about 16 hours later? well yeah all that work just "GONE!" :evil: i hated fruity on that day, i really did. But life goes on and mixes come and go. I just hope noone else has to go through such a tragedy for it would really be a shame.

Another crazy question - thanks for all the great help so far, but I'm a long way from being remotely good at Fruity Loops.

Okay, next question/problem - Midi doesn't work properly. You know those little orange lights that are supposed to light up to signify the beat? They don't light up properly, they kind of jump...I can't describe it but suffice to say that it doesn't work very well. As a result the rhythms in Midi are never the same as what I put in to Fruity Loops.

Anyone have a solution for this?

does your computer have a lot of ram? maybe it is just having a hard time processing the information sometimes and that is causing the skipping effect. Also, this goes along with that, make sure and restart your computer once in a while when you are mixing, this gives your computer all its free memory back. Often when i have mixed all day my computer is slow as shit.

yeah how do you use the built in scratcher in fruity?

i mean i can manually mess with a sound effect during a song, but i cant put it in directly and control it or anything, i dont think i would have much se for scratching since its not my style, but sometimes i am just like, yeah i need a scratch there.

how do you use the fruity scratch thingy?

hey i have cool edit too, maybe i should start chopping stuff up in there... hmmmmm. I dont think i will buy the beatslicer, oh well. i still want to learn the fruity scratcher though, anyone know of a tutorial for it? I looked for about three hours last night.