FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

Zircon...the big deal is, when im recording on a pattern, and the pattern is over, then the recording stops. if i have a pattern with 1 measure, then i might have like 3 seconds to record, and the recording is stuck to the same pattern over and over. yeah, i can copy and paste and make a huge 200 measure pattern but uh...it seems to me like FL would have something a little smarter so you wouldn't have to do that if you are recording live...

Whenever I'm playing a song in FL Studio 5, and I happen to open a window to a different program or get on the internet, the song in FL starts skipping and scratching and crazy stuff like that.

It doesn't effect the song I'm working on at all. Its just annoying.

What could be the problem?

As zircon said, it sounds like something is eating your CPU up. Increase your audio buffer size, this can be found by going "Options>Audio Settings". The problem is, while a larger buffer eases the load on your CPU, it will introduce "lag" into your song. This can be a big problem if you are using midi controllers, as there is a delay between pressing the key and the sound playing. Hence one should set their buffer to be as small as possible without getting any scratches or the like.

If you don't want to increase your buffer size, don't run stuff in the background. Or get a new CPU. Or update your drivers. Or kill kittens in a ritual to the elder gods to give you more power. Or something. But buffer increase is the easiest solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the fruity formula controller. I was thinking yesterday that maybe I could emulate the stereo separation of a real piano ( the lower keys to the left and the highre keys to the right ) by using the fruity formula controller to link the panning of the instrument to the current pitch. However by reading the Reference manual I found that there's no function of the pitch of an instrument, so I got stuck :P

Any idea how to manage this? I mean I just thought it up and thought it could bring some depth to a piano soundfont...

I don't know of any way to do that with the Formula Controller, but you can do it in the Function Channel Settings.

1) Open a channel's Channel Settings and go to "FUNC."

2) Make sure the switch next to "Tracking" is set to "KB" (keyboard).

3) Adjust the "MID" (middle value) until the desired note is selected.

4) Now spin the "PAN" knob to the right. This controls the degree to which lower-pitch notes are panned to the left, and higher-pitched notes are panned to the right.

Play around with that a bit, but don't turn the panning knob to the left; otherwise, that will cause lower-pitch notes to be panned to the right, and vice-versa.

I have a question about the fruity formula controller. I was thinking yesterday that maybe I could emulate the stereo separation of a real piano ( the lower keys to the left and the highre keys to the right ) by using the fruity formula controller to link the panning of the instrument to the current pitch. However by reading the Reference manual I found that there's no function of the pitch of an instrument, so I got stuck :P

Any idea how to manage this? I mean I just thought it up and thought it could bring some depth to a piano soundfont...

You could just use the Fruity Stereo Enhancer VST... :)

]

You could just use the Fruity Stereo Enhancer VST... :)

that would widen the stereo of the signal independently of the pitch and not in direct correlation, which is what I was looking for...

Can anyone please explain to me how to get access to beats smaller than sixteenth notes in the step sequencer? For example I want to make a drum beat that uses thirty-second and sixty-fourth notes but I can't get to a beat that small. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Can anyone please explain to me how to get access to beats smaller than sixteenth notes in the step sequencer?

Use the "snap to" function. It should be selected to "line" by default, however you can set it down to 1/6 step snap or literally "none" which is sort of unruly but useful if you want to accidentally make a sequence sound like it was played live :P

also OOPS don't use the step sequencer probably, sorry I didn't read XD The "snap to" function works literally everywhere in FL except the Step Sequencer. You'll need to use the piano roll.

Hey, I was messing around with the FL6 demo and I want to know how that guitar thing is done in the Tesseract song. It kicks in whenever the "damp" and "damp time" channels have something in the piano roll and makes it sound different than the other parts of it. I have been wanting to make a guitar effect like that forever and I haven't been able to find a way yet.

Two questions:

1) When importing MIDI audio, how do I add sounds (samples, soundfonts, etc.) to the patches/channels?

2) Is it possible to import soundfonts into a resource database or something like that?

Two questions:

1) When importing MIDI audio, how do I add sounds (samples, soundfonts, etc.) to the patches/channels?

2) Is it possible to import soundfonts into a resource database or something like that?

1) Click and drag from the sample browser any samples onto the channel with the corresponding instrument.

2) The sample browser reads FL Studio\Data\Patches by default.

ive been using flstudio for quite a long time and i dont think ive even tapped into the full potential of it yet... do u guys no of any sites where i could get an easy tutorial for this program so i could get more in depth with it?

READ THE FORUM POLICY.

We do not discuss warez, pirated or otherwise illegal versions of software here.

As for learning how to use it, there are several tutorials around. Here's a good place to start: www.google.com.

And now for some advice on forum manners:

1) If you posting in a forum for the first time, it would be a wise idea to read the forum rules, and see how the forum works. That way, you won't make an fool of yourself.

2) You have a keyboard with all 26 letters of the alphabet. Use them. on a similar note, puctuation is your friend.

3) If you want people to help you, don't ask hugely general questions. Of course, you would know this if you read the rules, or even thought about it for 2 seconds, but since your brain seems to have been surgically removed I guess we can't expect much from you.