FRUITY LOOPS 101 - PLEASE direct -ALL- FL questions here

starla

Yes, yes, I realize that I can do this pattern-by-pattern for each instrument in my drum kit... the problem that I have with this is that I have at least 40 or so patterns that I would have to do this with, and each of them with 5 or more .WAV channels (one for each type of drum, high hat, cymbal, etc.).

I am wondering if there's a quicker way to get by this and just transfer the notes without cutting and pasting through the piano roll. I tried dragging the soundfont player over the slot where I have the .WAV, and it seems not to do anything. Hmm... any other suggestions?

- Rossodio

Hi, I'm new to FruityLoops and remixing in general, and I just have a couple questions.

Can you use nothing but FruityLoops to make a remix? Or do you really need some kind of a midi keyboard... i have a midi keyboard, but for some reason it wont connect right on my computer, and I don't really want to mess with that. Can't I just use the piano roll?

Also, how can you do triplets in the piano roll? And how do you import midi tracks?

I use nothing but fruity loops, Sibelius and the internet to make my remixes (although none have really been accepted yet ^^").

Triplets, you can either set them manually with the note lengths (although it's a pain), or you can import a midi file with them written out. What I do if a part is too complex for me to be bothered to construct it in Fruity Loops is write it in Sibelius, save it as a midi file and then import it.

It's up to you, really. Find your own way. (I'm sure there are easier ways of making triplets, I just don't know. :P )

This is from another post I deleted

I'm thinking of making a Chrono Trigger remix.. I think the Lavos second battle song will be my mix.. I'll be using Fruity Loops 3.0 and wanna know where I can get more sounds and how should I make the mix..? I got the idea, I need some more ideas to advance it, cause when its done, I'll need some more things in it to make it worthy enough..

- Newfie at Work

No, he wants to make 32nd notes and possibly 64th notes. As for which box, it's a small one with 6 lights on it, three of the buttons have keyboard captions, one on the bottom says "wait" and there's a box that says "Auto" in it. if you click 1/2 step then in the piano roll when you size your notes you will be more precise. Blah.

Hey, sorry, I have another VERY newb question about Fruity Loops.

But... well, okay, I've been trying to use it for a while, I've made some progress, but I'm still very confused, so...

Pretend I just got FruitLoops, I have no idea what any of it is, and I have no other software or hardware... what would you tell me to do first? I have no idea what a soundfont is, I have no idea what a sample is, I have no idea what Drum Kits are, I have no idea how to do anything...

What would you tell me? What would you tell me to do first? What would you tell me to use first? Thanks

What to do first? Use the interactive tutorial, of course! Go to the browser on the left, then "FLP loop files > Tutorial > Getting Started" and load the different tutorials to learn about how the program works. Then what you should do is read the topics in this forum about soundfonts, resource URLs, and whatever else you need to know.

and obviously read the thread about fruity loops, it surprises me when questions get asked about fruity loops that have been answered in that thread. I dont know if this perticular one has, but i know if i was new with fruity and came on this thread i would scavenge through that fruityloops question thread like a racoon going through garbage. I have read like every thread in this forum about fruity, but its been a while since i went back through it.

seriously just once in a while, going through every thread in the forum about the program you use will greatly help you remember stuff and think about the full amount of things you can do. I have used something a lot and like using it (effect, one of sound machines, a certain technique, etc) but then i wont ise it for a couple days and forget about it, and then i go through the threads and be like "oh yeah, i forgot about that".

(i think i need to go lay down now)...

Ok im remixing a song in FL 3.5 full.....im doing my thing, then all of the sudden, when i play ANYTING on it, i hear popping in my speakers...ummmmmmm any suggestions ?

Oh and i can play music on my comp and its crystal clear

EDIT

LIKE IT FUCKING MATTERS NOW ! Stupid soundfont DEMO JESUS CHRIST MY WHOLE GODDAMN REMIX IS GONE DAMNIT ALL TO HELL SHIT !

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Help!! i am NEW here...cuz this is my first POST! YAY!...well i have a PROBLEM with FRUITY LOOPS!

I use a full version of fruity loops version 3.5.6

But if i IMPORT a .mid file or open a .flp file a ERROR box appears and says: THE FILE DOESN't EXSIST OR HAS BEEN MOVED

But the files DO EXSIST!

Help me?

Man i just tried it out again..and i can't even OPEN MIDI files!!

Thnx!

That's probably not a fruity loops problem...or is it? I don't think anyone else has had this problem. Maybe you should try moving the file and opening from it's new location. O and try and make sure it's telling you that the .mid file doesn't exist, not some other part of fruity loops.

W00T?

never mind i think i know what the prob is....its because of my windows fonts..they are messed up...soo if i save a file in FL i get p$8.mp3 or p$8.mid etc..

Now i have to format my shitty windowz..

Anyways i working on remix of ISOLATED WARRIOR of the NES 8 bit..

My castlevania 3 REMIX is done.."Lets_begin_beating_dracula's_ass.mp3"

YAY for me?

Okay Im new here, and being the newb that I am, I have a question about breakbeats. How might one go about making one? I mean, I have the thing down perfectly in my head, but I have no idea how to transfer that into Fruityloops. Any suggestions/tolerance of my n00b idiocy would be much apreciated.